Poetry Prompt 30 – Screensaver – Ode To a Faithful Friend

write-a-poem-which-is-inspired-by-your-current-screensaver

I remember you dear friend

You served me well

Never once did you let me down.

I look on you daily, your image always with me

The days spent in welcome climes

Working, playing, creating, rehearsing.

You carried me to and from my workplace

You never once complained or stalled

We grew to know and respect each other.

Only once did I injure you one dark night

You scarred easily, but I was grateful you could heal

Reunited I took much more extra care.

Then your day arrived; there was occasion to move on

You moved to greener city parkways

While I retained this lasting image.

2012-11-27 16.34.54

You were always a relaxing sight

Under the plane trees you seemed as one

You blended in well, as part of my world.

Life is transitory isn’t it, we serve a purpose

I’m happy we knew and bonded as we did

Both part of each other’s unique lives.

Written for: http://pookypoetry.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/poetry-prompt-30-screensaver/

Apparently this is my 500th post. Amazing!!

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Poetry Prompt 30 – Screensaver – Ode To a Faithful Friend

1. A lovely ode to old faithful:)

2. PookyH says:

What an unusual choice of screensaver, you are full of surprises!

3. PookyH says:

Oh and congrats on 500 – quite a feat! How long have you been here?

Super congratulations on your 500th post, Michael 🙂

5. JackieP says:

First, congratulations on your 500th post! And good poem about your screen saver. Mine is just boring flowers lol.

6. CC Champagne says:

Congratulations on the 500, Michael! Entertaining, as always!

7. RoSy says:

I remember having my faithful Corolla paid for. I had to let it go for a bigger vehicle to fit the growing family in. So – I traded her in for a Highlander. The new debt killed me. But – now – this one too is paid for & I feel a bit of financial relief. If all goes well – I plan to keep her until she decides to leave me. I’m hoping I don’t go first. 😉

8. Well RoSy if you stay on your side of the road you should be fine. Having a reliable vehicle is so necessary now days. Good to be debt free too, I agree.