OpenLinkNight – June, 2014 – Quest

lovers_in_midnight-other

Some days I am lost

Its like I am riveted to the spot.

I want to move but I can’t

I want to reach out but it’s not possible.

I am fumbling, locked in the present,

Unsure of who or what I am

It’s a living limbo,

Neither here nor there.

But all the while ahead of me

The light that is you

Shines brightly

Radiating your warmth

Leading me onwards

You are my focus

My purpose.

The love you share so plentifully

Sustains me, feeds my soul.

There are moments

You take my breath away

When your words catch my breath.

I rest in your arms

You never leave me wondering

As I enfold myself into you.

A place where love abounds

I am content,

Your love replenishes me.

Your patience, your resolve

Stands me in good stead

For soon we will be complete.

Written for: http://dversepoets.com/2014/06/28/openlinknight-june-2014/

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to OpenLinkNight – June, 2014 – Quest

1. A heartfelt verse. Left me feeling how on “those” days the feeling is both unmoored and tangled with how out of one’s hands this whole scene’s evolution seems to be. Beautifully written.

2. Grace says:

A lovely place to be, a love sustaining & replenishing ~ I would be content too ~ I love it when a male poet expresses his emotions with skill & passion ~

3. JackieP says:

Nicely done Michael. So warm and romantic. Any woman would be lucky to have words spoken about her this way.

4. MarinaSofia says:

Oh, yes, I know those days of ‘stuckedness’ – a beautiful resolve and resolution to this though!

5. I would be so honoured if a poem like this was written about me! Yes, as Grace says, when male poets write like this, it is glorious. Wonderful, honest writing, Michael. Simply lovely.

6. Gabriella says:

I have enjoyed reading your more romantic poems lately, Michael. Your happiness is so very tangible that it makes me happy for you. I wish you all the best!

7. claudia says:

there’s palpable comfort in your lines… i can relate to the feel of being stuck and seeing no way out… it’s good to have someone who takes the hand and helps you see the light again…

8. scotthastiepoet says:

Grat hymn to the power of love – this touched me.. With Best Wishes Scot http://www.scotthastie.com

9. Mary says:

I agree with others before me who have expressed appreciation for a male poet expresses his emotions with such openness. And it is wonderful when one has found such a person whose love replenishes & makes one feel good. Best wishes, Michael.

10. anyone that can express his love deserves to be reciprocated with the same love… and with all respect from others.

11. ayala says:

Beautiful. So good to have the one that lifts us and shows us the light.

12. Your poems show much romance of late, there is a lady out there who is very lucky I think. Beautiful Michael.

13. RoSy says:

So much hope here. Nice to have that special someone in our lives. 🙂