FFfAW – Week of 05-03-2016 – Spring Awakening

photo-20160502054404966

Image: by momtheobscure

It was the annual spring awakening day at Slave Rock. It had its pagan origins and no one was quite sure when the sculpture was done but it was a landmark you never ceased to marvel at.

Each spring on the first Sunday in May people would gather from all over the country and some even made the journey across the seas to be there for the occasion.

There was a ritual of events, the chanting of ancient mantras to welcome the spring, wishing all in attendance a healthy year, the spreading of flower petals and the parade to the giant Slave Rock where all would gather at the base while on top the festival president would stand upon the shoulders of the giant slave and give the order all were waiting for.

When it came it was greeted with cries of joy and exclamation as we all dropped our clothes on the beach and leapt naked into the waves.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2016/05/02/fffaw-week-of-05-03-2016/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to FFfAW – Week of 05-03-2016 – Spring Awakening

LOL with the temperature only 15 degrees here this morning, I think I’ll give the nudie swim a miss. A great take on an interesting prompt, Michael 🙂

2. Hahahaha! Skinney dipping!! Sounds like fun! Sounds like a joyous occasion for all who participate. 😀 Cute story!!

3. mandibelle16 says:

Hilarious May tradition. Lol.

4. Well, that’s certainly an interesting ritual. Great story!

5. There’s a nude beach here where I live – I’ll tell them about this!

Visit Keith’s Ramblings

6. Graham Lawrence says:

A great take on the prompt! Not really hot enough to leap into the water here but a lovely thought!

7. maria says:

A nude beach!! I didn’t see that twist coming. Nice take!:D

8. What a brilliant take on the prompt! It was certainly something that I didn’t see coming.

9. The Voice says:

Woo hoo! Now that’s how you celebrate. Nice story!

10. samratkel says:

What a lovely story!

@Samantha/samratkel from
    Shadow Realities

11. maryruth16 says:

It can’t have been the UK, Michael, although there are some hardened nutters here I think!

12. Lori Carlson says:

Hahahaha.. this was fabulous, Michael.. loved that twist at the end!

13. afairymind says:

I don’t think I’d want to jump naked into the sea at the beginning of May. Brrr! Great story, Michael. 🙂

14. Lovely writing, with just a hint of a nautical Wickerman to it, though that could just be me. I really enjoyed it either way.

15. That must be a lot of skinny dipping bodies 🙂