Poetics: Joel Robison’s Photography – A Light Flashes

You notice

Your attention seized

Curiosity piqued.

What is the distraction?

A light flashes hope

Possibility

Deep down you feel a stirring

Your bits a-tingling.

You flush with excitement.

What if?

Could it?

Maybe?

With a sense of exhilaration you focus.

What is it that attracts you?

Then it hits you between the eyes.

My love and yours

The blushing smile

The twinkle in your eye

Utterings of want and need

Encouragement

Commitment

Longing.

You know what it is

When a light flashes.

You sit up

Aware

You’re grinning like an idiot!

Written for: http://dversepoets.com/2014/08/19/9306/

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Poetics: Joel Robison’s Photography – A Light Flashes

1. Grace says:

I am grinning at the end too, smiles ~ I like how you capture the light flashing with:

Your bits a-tingling. You flush with excitement.

Thanks for linking up with D’verse Michael ~ Have a good week ~

2. had me smiling… that light could be just about anything… a flash of hope, hopefully. 🙂

3. Mary says:

Yes, Michael, I agree! That flashing light happens unexpectedly oftentimes. It is a wake-up call, and you take notice. It is nice periodically to have reason to grin like an idiot.

4. Myrna says:

I love it when a light flashes before me, clarifying something or leading me to go forward. Good write.

5. brian miller says:

oh when the light flashes, i follow it…makes me think of opportunity
    and whether we choose to chase it…or let it pass…i like the response
    you describe…giddy with excitement….

6. Gabriella says:

It is good when this flash occurs and we notice it. And once in a while, it is nice to grin like an idiot. I am glad you have the opportunity.

7. JackieP says:

Opportunities are not to be missed and when it is accompanied with flashes of light, well we would be a fool to pass it up. Grinning like an idiot sounds like a good hobby Michael. 😉

8. I’d rather grin like an idiot than be as sober as a judge any day. ; ) Besides this was a wonderful love poem.

9. Truedessa says:

Flashing lights a sign that perhaps one should follow..hey, you never know where it will lead.

10. haha, how did you know the reader would be “grinning like an idiot” at the end of the poem? I enjoyed reading this:)

11. RoSy says:

As long as it’s not a train t the end of the tunnel or lightening on its way to strike me…
    Yep – that’s me – a grinning idiot. 😀

12. Haha..you’re grinning like an idiot took me by surprise..but yes..i’ve been told that more than once in life..:)..as i do love to smile..without thought of how it looks…;)

13. Bryan Ens says:

Live those ‘grinning like an idiot’ moments of life. 🙂

14. MarinaSofia says:

The penny drops… It’s beautiful when moments like that occur. Bit of a sly dig there with ‘Your bits a-tingling’ – made me laugh!

15. Your bits seem to tingle quite a bit 🙂 grinning like an idiot, such a good place to be. Enjoyed the read my friend.

16. kaykuala says:

Grinning? So be it! That is happiness and it sets the mood for the next level! Great word-craft

Hank

17. Yes.. we can look quite stupid.. a little bit like a deer that’s caught in the headlights of a car.

18. Sweet and playful. Very nice.

19. Sumana Roy says:

hope does flash..bringing out the inner child and happiness…nice lines

20. vbholmes says:

A happy love poem–written by a “grinning idiot” who’s overcome by the wonder of it all. Nice thoughts and words.

21. Susan says:

Perfect timing, perfect lead in! I have a huge smile on my face–maybe for you and this oem or my love and/or inspiration. It happens just like this!

22. Raivenne says:

Okay, I admit it, this left me grinning. Wonderful light-hearted take on that all important moment of knowing. I like this a lot.

23. rmp says:

for one brief second the flashing light brought fear…but then the unknown often does for me. still I can see the flicker of mystery as something to bring a smile.