March 29: Flash Fiction Challenge – Dancing Fingers

working-template-for-ff-challenges8

March 29, 2018, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story about fingers that fly. Think about the different ways we use our fingers and what happens when we add speed. Go where the prompt leads.

As he aged, he found the only part of him that resembled flight were his fingers, and the advent of arthritis was threatening that.

It was the pleasure he derived from his morning sojourn into his blog and the generous fellow bloggers commenting on his humble writing and who allowed him to venture into their respective blog worlds.

He loved it when his fingers danced across the keyboard composing a response to the latest prompt that came his way.

His fingers were what kept him alive and wanting to be part of the wide and wonderful world of words.

Written for: https://carrotranch.com/2018/03/30/march-29-flash-fiction-challenge/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to March 29: Flash Fiction Challenge – Dancing Fingers

1. Ritu says:

So true for so many of us!

2. Fandango says:

So far the fingers are still working. I wonder which will go first, my fingers or my mind.

3. Michael you have probably written all of us. I even have the arthritis coming in the fingers. We have found glucosamine at double the recommended dose works for our shoulders and knees but then we have taken up yoga and have a monthly therapeutic massage. Not game to stop any of them.

4. Nicole says:

Another sweet post! And I have to second the krill oil and add my voice to the yoga chorus. This cold moist weather is killing my thumb joints.

Well I hope it warms up for you soon.

• Nicole says:

It has been showing some promise in terms of warmth coming our way, but it has been a gray, rainy, muddy mess here for a long time. Who’s a grouch? Not me! I agree with you that this community is a great gift that keeps me going.

Maybe our fingers are still nimble because we do so much typing, Michael. Too bad we can’t to that with our knees 😀 I’m told by reliable sources that this is the best exercise for arthritis 😀

6. Nice post Michael. Keyboards keep me going too.

7. Charli Mills says:

I love your last line, Michael!

8. floatinggold says:

This was amazing. Such a nostalgic, yet hopeful tone.

P.S. I encourage everyone to use their bodies as much as they can, but when it gives out, there are speech to text programs that still allow writers to “write” without typing.

9. Beautiful, straight from the heart tale. I dread the day when I will find myself unable to write.

10. Norah says:

It would be a sad world for many of us without our blogging friends. You’ve demonstrated that well in your flash.

11. Lovely Michael, I had a similar idea for this weeks prompt.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )