Haibun Monday – Free for All – On Waking

spirit-of-flight-abstract-beauty-birds-colorful-fantasy-flowers-neon-peacock-feather-sky-1200x1920

Its early and outside its cold as I can see the wind bending the branches on the silky oak outside our window. I look across and you are sleeping still. Your face is at peace after the frantic nature of your journey. Last night we talked until late, so much catch up, so much laughter, so many stories, so much need to re-establish us.

This morning as I look at you and remember the girl I met all those years ago. Even in sleep I see the vibrant woman you are. I thrill at the expectation of you waking and our day beginning, the first of many. I settle beside you, watching your gentle breathing knowing how lucky I am to know you love me and allow me to love you.

I see your eye open. My heart skips a beat.

chilling breezes blow

soft breathing excites my soul

awaiting your kiss

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Haibun Monday – Free for All – On Waking

1. A wonderful haibun Michael, oozing with love. Blessings to you both :o)

2. Oh I love this Michael, so lovely to see your loved one breathing, the anticipation of yet another day together… so lovely

3. kim881 says:

That is such a romantic haibun, Michael.

4. Such a tender Haibun. Beautiful in it’s simpicity.

5. Lovely Michael. A new format for me. 🙂

6. frankhubeny says:

Nice morning love story.

7. sMILes.. wife and
    i retired early with
    unexpected disabilities..
    and sure they are invisible
    but the best thing oF aLL iS
    we rarely
    journey
    away
    from
    each otHeR
    and that my
    FriEnd IS A silver
    liNing iN paiN oF beFore..:)

8. ZQ says:

…That’s the Spirit! 🙂 ❤

9. So very settling and truly romantic.

10. Lovely moment of realizing a precious someone. Always glad to see you here.

11. Sanaa Rizvi says:

This is soooo romantic! 😀 Lovely write, Michael 💝

12. Very romantic and so gently loving

13. Such blessings for two hearts with loving care for each other. Such privilege Michael!

Hank

14. You’ve written so beautifully of soft, touching moments. ❤

15. Mish says:

A sweet little snippet of a relationship, each simple moment becoming a blessing. Very nice.

16. Teresa says:

Beautiful, romantic and touching.