FFfAW Challenge – Week of November 22, 2016 – His Insipid Nature

photo-20161121154638229

She said she hated sunsets and pulled away when he tried to hold her hand.   He had an insipid nature that weighed heavily on her.

She tried to move away but the seat they shared didn’t allow for much more manoeuvring once they settled their butts upon its steel frame.

Then there was his endless inane chatter. Usually about his day, what he’d done, didn’t do, with whom he’d engaged and with whom he cemented what he called a meaningful dialogue.

She wondered if that meaningful dialogue sent those so called friends to the tip of insanity as she was feeling right now.

It was when he mentioned going to the nearby hamburger joint that she felt a sense of relief. As much as she didn’t need anything to eat more fatty than a lettuce leaf she acquiesced and lifted herself from the seat. With arms folded she followed him, regret heavy on her heart.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2016/11/21/fffaw-challenge-week-of-november-22-2016/

This entry was posted in FFFAW, Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to FFfAW Challenge – Week of November 22, 2016 – His Insipid Nature

1. any1mark66 says:

Well now, she is really in the wrong place st the wrong time. Nice feeling is separation between them

2. Bernadette says:

Does her advert on Match.Com read “No walks at sunset?”

3. You can definitely feel a growing distance between the pair, but he is probably unaware…

4. Seems to me he has more of a personality than she does. She seems very drab to me. Maybe what she sees in him are part of her own personality. Great story, Michael. It makes you stop and think.

5. Iain Kelly says:

I can relate to disliking inane chatter. Think she needs to tell him the truth soon. Nice take.

6. michael1148humphris says:

One feels sad for them both. An interesting piece of writing.

7. mandibelle16 says:

Wow, sounds like one terrible date. Or is this a relationship after many years, where the love’s gone cold?

8. Sad tale of what can happen between two people lovers or friends.
    I’m very much guilty of inane chatter, by the way, in case you hadn’t noticed.

9. Joyfrida says:

LOL send him my way, people who chatter a lot are great for writing ideas, even if it’s just writing about how they keep on talking on and on and on… and on. I feel for the heartbreak that is coming his way though. I love the way you use words, I had to take out my little note book of new words for this one 🙂

10. Lynn Love says:

She really needs to break free from this one – why does she put up with him if she dislikes him so much? Girl needs to grow a back bone. Nice description of her thoughts and feelings, Michael

11. Ellespeth says:

I’m as guilty of inane chatter as your character and Lorraine 😛 Your story is sad, though. She’s definitely not into it and he must be in denial.
    Ellespeth