Razzle Dazzle Me! – The Razzle Dazzle Club

cqhqmzdwyaanbkt-jpg_large

Image Google Images

Today’s task to absorb the definitions of these words: Razzle: showiness that astonishes; Dazzle: amaze, brightness, brilliance, glare;  Sparkle: effervescence, excel, shine, vivacity, energy, oomph, gusto. Write using the meanings energy of these words.

The Razzle Dazzle Club was the place

Where everybody jived about all over the place

Everybody moved everybody grooved

At the Razzle Dazzle Club every night.

You’d see Bobby and Mary Lou

Cruising doin’ the boogie too

It’s all bling and party swing

Shiny, sparkling with bubbling effervescence.

Carol Ann and Darcy Bill

Energy bouncing from the window sills

Fling each other across the floor

Their vivacity infects us all.

There’s drinks a plenty at the Razzle Dazzle

Some with oomph and some to guzzle

You’ll never be astonished, just amazed

At the Razzle Dazzle Club tonight.

Written for: https://dversepoets.com/2016/10/04/razzle-dazzle-me/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Razzle Dazzle Me! – The Razzle Dazzle Club

1. lillian says:

Bring me there!!!! I want to come and dance the night away! Reminds me of a place my folks used to go in Grayslake, Illinois, near the military base, called the Argonne Ballroom. There was jive and lots of swaying too — live orchestras that enabled folks to cut a rug, so to speak. Sounds like the Razzle Dazzle Club could be similar 🙂 LOVE IT!

2. whimsygizmo says:

LOVE this, Michael. I was tap-tap-tapping along, in my fanciest, most blinged-out dancing shoes!

3. What a fun poem! It begs to be read out loud. I like the name “Darcy Bill.” Unusual and vivid.

4. Yay, needs a tune. It had a tune while I was reading it. And some twangy guitar sounds and maybe a tambourine???

Its a very rock n roll tune Sarah….12 bar blues actually…..though I had to modify some of the words today to make it work a little better as a poem…thanks so much for stopping by…

5. Sanaa Rizvi says:

This is so much fun to read out loud 😀 Great job, Michael ❤

6. kim881 says:

As I was reading your energetic poem, I kept hearing bits of the ‘Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company D’!

7. kanzensakura says:

What a fun poem! I love your rhymes as well. Great work!

8. You’ve delightfully captured the razzle-dazzle nostalgia of an era perfectly here. I love this! I can see couples twirling and dipping, and the effervescent sparkle of their shoes and dance costumes.

9. I really love the way you have used the names… they so belong to a razzle-dazzle club… 🙂

10. Love this and began to tap my feet before I spun my chair around! :o)

11. Closed my eyes after reading and heard the tap of shoes and the sounds of a big band. Evocative writing.

12. Oh, yes. I was dancing right along in my mind

13. rosemawrites says:

such a delighting and fun poem, Michael!

14. Mish says:

Sounds like a Razzle Dazzle Club theme song to me. Love the rhyme and boppity-bop rhythm.

15. Bryan Ens says:

Wonderful rhythm in this, and I love the line “You’ll never be astonished, just amazed”

16. At
    56.. i
    mostly
    write now to
    rest my dancing
    Feat.. Tonight..
    haha.. i kid you
    not.. i will be a main
    attraction at A razzle
    dazzle dance club all for free..
    and sure.. i could say i was bragging
    as i’ve been named a Metro area dance
    legend2.. by the audience2.. but i earned
    that legend2
    better
    as a shut
    in For 66 months
    first as A Hunch Back
    of Notre Dame.. bottom
    line my friEnd.. it’s never
    too late for A razzle dazzle
    miracle.. no matter how dArk the
    night
    of
    soul
    growS old.. or goeS on..:)

17. This is somewhere I want to visit – and dance in!