On Popular Demand – Sunshine

sunlight-wallpaper-hd-36076-36900-hd-wallpapers

“Its true you know

You are the sunshine in my day.”

I say this as we recline in bed.

It’s been a long day, family demands

Out in the midday sun.

You look across and say that is your opinion too

That I have added so much to your days

For now we have something real

The days of pretend are over

We trust and we love.

A simple formula when you equate it

With the power of the warmth of the sun.

I shut my eyes and remember a time

When the sun didn’t shine

When my days were dark and gloomy.

I look into your eyes

Aware how lucky I am.

Written for: http://www.adashofsunny.com/on-popular-demand-pour-me-drops-of-glorious-sunshine-4/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to On Popular Demand – Sunshine

1. Sanaa Rizvi says:

This is so wonderfully sweet and romantic 😀 you have captured both the warmth in a relationship as well as that of the sun. Beautifully executed. Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights.

Lots of love,
    Sanaa

2. oldegg says:

What a beautiful loving tribute to your marriage this is.

3. Lovely sentiment. “You are the sunshine in my day” So sweet

4. Beautiful — off to find the Kleenex again. Wonderful just thinking 2 people are the sunshine in each others’ days — what wonderous love to feel that close and special. Damn, where is that box of Kleenex.

5. mandibelle16 says:

Heart-warming and seems like a very real moment in their lives. Usual but significant.

6. This is so sweet I can squeal. The soul lives for the precious HUGE little moments your poem describes–seeing love in the eyes of the one we love, and realizing that everyone involves understands just how lucky each is. Totally precious. ♥

7. Sumana Roy says:

love the sweet note so full of warmth….

8. weebluebirdie says:

This is beautiful. I hope she is real, and not the girl in the song….just my imagination, running away with me.

9. Scout says:

“The days of pretend are over”– lovely thought, and poem, Michael.

10. Jae Rose says:

Warmth and comfort sings in this poem – it is indeed lucky when we find that place – and person