Haibun Monday 2

silhouette-of-the-couple-in-the-cafe_125265707

I have chosen this quote from Kahlil Gibran as the basis for my haibun:

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.

We sit in the café a little nervous on our first face to face.

It’s taken a long time to get this far. I was stuck in the Internet world of screen, words and images and she was wanting to contact.

It took a summer to get me organised to be here at this time.

Outside the autumn winds whip the leaves on the sidewalks into swirls and throw them into the path of hurrying commuters.

It had taken a four-hour journey to get here, I hate travel, I dislike being out of my comfort zone but her sweet invitation was to great to ignore.

So here I sit, facing the most beautiful woman in the world, wondering what she sees in an ordinary man such as me.

nervous traveller

autumn chills with sweetest friend

relax in her eyes

Written for: http://dversepoets.com/2015/10/05/haibun-monday-2/

This entry was posted in d'verse, Poetry and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Haibun Monday 2

1. Grace says:

She must be someone special that she got you out of your comfort zone, and to make that 4 hour journey 🙂 Seems like a good beginning of bringing the sweetest friendship into an even sweeter reality ~
    I love the haibun Michael ~ Wishing you a lovely week ~

2. Mary says:

I think if a person doesn’t leave their comfort zone they miss so many opportunities. I am glad that in this case you risked it. Everyone is an ‘ordinary’ person under the surface, and there is no need to apologize for it.

3. J Lapis says:

Marvelous write, Michael! Gives me a flicker of hope…

4. Bodhirose says:

Oh, a sweet story of connection and pushing through those fears that can sometimes end in finding a rainbow. Very touching.

5. Glenn Buttkus says:

The prose flows so smoothly & realistically, one wonders if this is reporting first hand episode, or poetic imaginative license; regardless; it is a hard working haibun that runs the ball into the end zone.

6. This is so true, breaking out of that comfort zone, to follow your heart and take that meeting, life changing.

7. Ah.. yes.. flesh
    always
    real
    net tempting
    touch invites
    responsibilities..

N0W Love
    Comes
    aLive..:)

8. Oh the trepidation of the unknown. This was so lovely Michael. Excellent work.

9. Snakypoet (Rosemary Nissen-Wade) says:

How romantic! 🙂

10. thotpurge says:

Online friends…lovely when it all works out 🙂

11. kanzensakura says:

Some of the best people I have met has been in the blogosphere. And…I met my husband online 16 years ago. I had to get out of my comfort zone. I was so afraid that first meeting. I so related to this! Tight, smooth writing. Excellent work!

12. Oh, how lovely. I love “relax in her eyes”.

13. kelly says:

This speaks of bravery… and a beautiful optimism. A lovely journey into the mind of another.

14. Good for you! A lovely, tender haibun, full of promise. I love that you describe her as the most beautiful woman in the world. Blessings!