FFfAW – Week of 09-08-2015 – Eternity

wpid-photo-20150907075906099

As they raced down the road she heard him screaming at her to slow down.

The wind and rain mercilessly lashed the car, the windscreen wipers stopped beating in time and the road was a blur in front of them.

‘Got to get a move on,’ she had said resolutely. ‘This storm is making it near impossible to see where I’m going.’

He clung to the doorframe, his knuckles white, his brain fearful of what lay in store.

It was later at the pearly gates that he finally looked at her and she at him. They didn’t need to say any words for their present situation said it all.

The frowns on the Angel Guardians told them all was not well. They both gulped. They both felt a rising wave of guilt begin to flood over them.

The Angels shook their heads, pointed to the door on the left. Therein began eternity.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/fffaw-week-of-09-08-2015/

This entry was posted in writing challenge and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to FFfAW – Week of 09-08-2015 – Eternity

1. Pingback: FFfAW – Week of 09-08-2015 – Eternity | chrismosquera5

2. Uh Oh, doesn’t look too promising for them in eternity. Great story Michael! I guess if there is a good side to it, where ever it is they are going at least they are going there together. 😀

3. I forgot…thank you for participating in the FFfAW challenge!

4. Oliana says:

Oh my, Michael!! what a twist in this story. It is interesting what a photo will conjure up for each person. There’s a thunder storm here tonight which I hope will cool off the heatwave we are having for our Labour Day weekend. A great read, Michael, as always.

5. Together still, but not sure if I’d like it to happen that way 😞 good story.

6. Hi Michael. I like the clever way you made us work out for ourselves that couple died in the storm, and that they both had chequered pasts. Good story.

7. tjparis says:

Eternal condemnation! Love it. 🙂

8. Nortina S. says:

You never know how much time you have left. Boy, if this isn’t a story that makes you reevaluate what you’re doing with your life! Great job!

9. Formal castigation … good write. 😎

10. mandibelle16 says:

Great story. Oh no, eternity isn’t looking good.

11. charlypriest says:

Angels in a car…great concept, great story.

12. Oh boy! I can only imagine the argument, if for some reason they get a second chance at life. A reflective piece written well.

13. Sally says:

Great story, wasn’t expecting the twist. I wonder if they’ll get on well together.

14. afairymind says:

They’ve obviously not lived a particularly good life up to this point to be sent through that doorway! Things are about to get rather unpleasant for them. Good story, Michael. 🙂

15. Nicely written. I wonder what is in store for them. It doesn’t look too good. As Nortina said, we don’t know how much time we have left.

16. It is interesting to see what the photo prompts and free writing conjure up from us. I wasn’t expecting that kind of twist. That sucks for them (to put it lightly), but still, great job with this!

17. People forget how dangerous even a little bit of rain on the roads can be. Interesting story.

18. Ameena k.g says:

Oh boy! I have a feeling, the left doesn’t signify good. But atleast,they’re together that’s something :). Love the suspense leading up to the final paragraph.