FFfAW Week of 04-01-2015 – Clowns-Are-Us

wpid-photo-20150328152338017

It was a day of great excitement and anticipation. The opening of Clowns-Are-Us.

Bozo and Fruitfly had reasoned it was time clowns were given a better rap than was being seen of late with clowns being accused of all manner of crime and indiscretion.

Bozo had been a clown all his life. His father Freddy the Flyer was a high wirer performer and his mother Freda the Nymph had run a private clown show. Even in older age Bozo was in the dark about much of his parent’s activities once the big top lights went down.

But today they planned a free show showing all the tricks they had perfected over the years.

With an air of expectation he threw open the front doors. Not a soul stood there. The two clowns waited several hours and no one showed up.

Bozo went home determined to win over the town.

But first he had a score to settle with Mr King, whose latest novel had given every clown a bad name.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/fffaw-week-of-04-01-2015/

28 Responses to FFfAW Week of 04-01-2015 – Clowns-Are-Us

1. Michael, this is great! I love it. That is exactly what has happened to the clowns.

Yes, Stephen King has a lot to answer for, and not just regarding clowns. Poor Bozo, I hope he can turn the town around.

3. Oh I love Stephen King! So many are frightened of clowns, for the life of me I know not why.
    Naughty Freda!

4. RoSy says:

Hmmm… Bozo sounds like he’s might prove King right.
    ?

5. NotAPunkRocker says:

Clowns just annoy me, not scare me, but I know way too many who did get freaked out only because of that Stephen King story. Brilliantly done! 😀

6. milliethom says:

Clowns seem to be disliked by so many people, don’t they? Even without Stephen King, many people thought they were so many things – scary, creepy, evil to name just a few. I just don’t find them amusing in any way. Most just irritate me. Even when I was a child I didn’t like their act at the circus.I really liked your story, though. That was very well told. 🙂

• Thanks Millie appreciate you stopping by. My younger brother has a collection of clown figurines as well as a few clown drawings. Not my idea of decoration but he likes them.

7. Francesca Smith says:

Even though his stories are imaginative, Mr King has quite a fair number of things to answer for.
    I enjoyed this story, and I think Bozo should remain determined to create an amazing clown show!

8. Sonya says:

Well, I’m one of those who never looked at clowns the same way after It… so it’s nice to look at things from the other side. Good job, Michael!

9. M says:

Haha this was really cute! Poor Bozo

10. married2arod says:

Bozo…you don’t happen to be from the Chicago area? There used to be a kids show with Bozo and cookie the clown. 🙂

11. Ha! Nice take on the prompt. Maybe Bozo should work “It” to his advantage (bring Halloween early). 😮 😛

Btw, was it just me or was his mother’s private shows an innuendo?

12. Ameena k.g says:

Ohh, this shows the reality of things. It’s true that clowns are thought to be criminally. Hahah, I’ld love to see bozo settle the score tho 😀