Photo Challenge #54, March 31, 2015 – The Calm

Can you sense it?

The serenity.

Can you see it?

The tranquillity.

Can you taste it?

The delicious placidity.

You rail against the world

You kick and struggle

Disagreeable

Fraught

Tearful.

I reach out

You don’t see

My hand extended

You ignore the obvious.

When I stand in your shoes

I see the pain, the torment.

My offer stands.

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/photo-challenge-54-march-31-2015/

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Photo Challenge #54, March 31, 2015 – The Calm

1. C.C. says:

Very insightful response to a prompt that seems so disturbing and dark.

2. Prajakta says:

My offer stands. Excellent take on the prompt!

The words fit the picture beautifully, Michael 🙂

4. Bastet says:

Moving … such a moving declaration of love … or so I saw it.

5. That closing line is brilliant, this packs an emotional punch Michael excellent =) I just posted my own response, loved the photo Neeraj chose.

6. Full of empathy and help. I, too, love the last line.

7. That is beautiful Michael. For one to understand the pain and torment of others so deeply and still be willing to help, is a true friend.

8. Ah this is lovely , Michael , and written with empathy and compassion!

9. julespaige says:

To understand and still offer help.
    Honor at its finest.

10. I love the image of this person sailing against the edge of the world, kicking out and struggling. And meanwhile, there’s someone extending their hand, yearning for that person to accept and reciprocate their love.

This might fit, on a humorous note:

“I can show you the world”

“I don’t wanna see it”

11. Susan Langer says:

Beautiful poem. It is with grace that you learn to see thing from the others perspective and can still offer help. 🙂