“Love Is In Da Blog” February – This is Us

73172846-lovers-bed

Dawn is breaking

The morning light seeps through the gloom

Illuminating the place we are in.

I look at you,

Asleep in my bed.

I listen to your breathing

Watch your face, your eyes aflutter in dreams.

Are you in a place where magic happens?

Are you running from fear?

Do you see me?

You reached out a tentative hand

Shy but wanting contact.

I drew in a breath

The second our hands met,

Fingers linked, entwined, locked.

That one act helped overcome our apprehension.

Did you think I would flee from you?

I want you too.

From the very moment I saw you

I had designs on you

You’ve never let me down.

You came into my bed,

Chased each of my desires

You played the winning hand

I lie here savouring our moment.

When you awake will you want me again?

Will you see me, as I was last night?

I am what you see.

The morning light heralds expectations

Learning once again to love.

You are a gentle man

I crave your touch for

None have kissed me as you do

I feel my soul has returned.

The light grows stronger

My fear rises,

What if?

You don’t see the girl from last night.

My heart pounds in my chest

Am I not the same?

In the cool of the morning

Sated from your play

Your eyes, staring into mine

We can be and dream of tomorrow,

For this is us.

wp_20150130_009

Written for: https://justfoolingaroundwithbee.wordpress.com/category/love-is-in-da-blog/

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to “Love Is In Da Blog” February – This is Us

1. theblogwoman says:

Romantic. Powerful❤️

2. shanjeniah says:

Ooh…. you’ve captured that moment of possibility and trepidation perfectly! ❤

3. morgaine620 says:

Indeed you did and it’s funny that even when you are with a partner for a long time this happens over and over again while your love changes and grows :-). Thanks for sharing 🙂

4. mj6969 says:

This is truly a a great piece – the senses – you’ve captured them very well, as previously noted. I was quite literally, holding my breath …. so great job Michael 🙂

• Thank you Mercy, glad you found it so.
      I hope you don’t mind but I may use a line from a comment you made early (trolls) for a prompt I am thinking of doing.

• mj6969 says:

Oh my, I am flattered! 😉 Actually, once I’ve written something and hit the send or publish button, it’s more than available 🙂

Thanks for asking though, that is very kind and thoughtful – and then, if you do use it or whatever, or not, but create this prompt, please let me know – I’m always interested in reading great stories, yarns and thoughtful pieces by you Michael 🙂

• It’s for Bee’s love prompt about celebrate, I don’t feel all that celebratory so it may not be as you suspect. But as always I’ll explore and see where it takes me.

• mj6969 says:

However, whenever, whatever – it matters not how I think it will be interpreted, but rather, where you feel like taking it –

And, well, I do hope you cheer up – it sounds like you could use a cup or 3 of some good will and care right about now. If this is the case, know that I’m sending you positive light and energies your way – and you can always email me: mercyjames6969@gmail.com