Poetics: Shattering the World and Rebuilding It – A Man Again

Homeless.

My skeletal remains

Dragged behind me

Aimless

Lost

Devastated.

I heard your calumnious tales

Spread joyfully around town.

You wanted me crushed into oblivion

You almost won.

Years I spent wandering

Searching

Seeking meaning.

I have found solace.

I denied love

Rejected every overture

But I have found one I cannot ignore.

I am being pieced together

Made whole

A man again.

Written for: http://dversepoets.com/2014/06/24/poetics-shattering-the-world-and-rebuilding-it/

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Poetics: Shattering the World and Rebuilding It – A Man Again

1. This was my mother’s story – except she was never made whole again. She kept walking forward but her only hope was for his return – as broken as that relationship must have been. Glad you have exited the darkness and found someone to love.

2. Kim says:

Being pieced together, made whole again… likely stronger for the scars that hold those pieces together.

3. There is much growth to going through love, loss and a certain rebirth. It’s happened to me and I suspect to most of us. It takes a while to open up to love again–and the right person.

4. JackieP says:

Very strong poem Michael. It’s hard to rebuild trust. I’m glad you have. I’m glad you found someone that you can put that trust and love with once more.

5. Grace says:

I love the ending, made whole, a man again ~ You are lucky to find love this way as some others remain crushed into oblivion ~ Wishing you a happy week Michael ~

6. RoSy says:

Michael wins!
    And – the crowd cheers!
    😀 😀 😀 😀

7. Gabriella says:

I am very happy for you, Michael. Love is wonderful once you find the right person, or they find you. All the best to you.

8. Imelda says:

I like how you wrote the journey from being broken to whole again. I also like the attitude in this piece. One of my favorite pieces from you.

9. lynndiane says:

Powerful description of an emotional ripping to shreds and being pieced together again…love is healing!

10. Bryan Ens says:

Sticks and stones may break bones… but bones heal. Words can wound so much more deeply that it can take a miracle to heal. Glad to see that you are healing.

11. Not only being rejected but being made a cuckold – what could break down more? To be healed and find new love after such a story … Glad it worked out.

12. claudia says:

oh dang…the pain is palpable in this…My skeletal remains
    Dragged behind me…what an image – and how powerful the healing and being made whole there in the end…

13. MarinaSofia says:

Everyone else has commented on the sentiment behind this poem, so let me stay with the form this time. An interesting device of repetition not of words, but of attributes:
    Gouging,
    Ripping at my soul
    Leaving me selfless
    Floundering
    Homeless.
    (And you have another one just a little further on). As if piling on the horrors, the dismay, the injuries… only then to make the rebirth all the more miraculous and strong.

14. Kathy says:

A strong write of a personal battle with rejection which goes to our quick..so difficult to come back from yet you did it..good for you!

15. The pain of hurt, like cut glass under foot, accepting, dealing with your ‘skeletal remains’, powerful words…and then a new day dawns and love enters…once more you have flesh.

16. Powerful write and ‘My skeletal remains dragged behind me’ paints such a vivid image. Glad you’re finding your way back to whole again.

17. I’ve experienced this as well. I’m glad you are able to try again despite the fear. It is working out wonderfully for me.

18. I love the visual…”My skeletal remains dragged behind me.” Wow
    The structure of the poem is bold and catchy.
    Congrats on your new journey of love and life. 🙂

19. billgncs says:

A man never fails until he gives up. I am glad you found love again, I have always thought we can have more than one great love in our lives if we dare to love greatly.

• Larry says:

“More than one great love if we dare to love greatly.” So poetic! Would you write a poem about that, please! It’s a poem that the world needs.

• billgncs says:

Hi Larry – reminds me of a love poem I once was writing in which breasts were prominently featured. I showed it to a friend who considered it, then she mentioned in the poetic world that some parts were over used, I think her words were “breasts are already taken, choose something else” — once I finish “the elbow of love”, I’ll give it a shot – cheers

• Thanks so much Bill I agree its all a matter of daring isn’t it.

20. Wonderful, Michael. Having the courage to try again is a huge, huge step.

21. Hi Michael…..long time no talk. I decided to venture into blogging again and your blog has been my first stop. Such a powerful poem here, and can’t wait to read more of what you’ve been up to. Hope you’re doing well! 🙂 ~ Serena