OpenLinkNight– March 2014 – Patience

582749main_sunrise_from_iss-4x3_946-710

Its Sunday a new beginning

Tomorrow has arrived

Yesterday forgotten.

We are hopeful as we march

Ever watchful towards our future

Stretching out before us.

Each day brings us closer

Innocence to be left behind

An awaken as never before.

Patience is a virtue

Yours and mine combined

‘Tis powerful a force to be reckoned with.

Be gentle with me, take my hand

Your guidance I will seek

As my impetuosity mounts.

Rest easy, I am near now

Our weary trek is all but over

The dawn is heralded in azure shards.

I know the expectation within your face

The longing, the want, the need

Soon my love….. soon.

Written for: http://dversepoets.com/2014/03/29/openlinknight-march-2014/

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to OpenLinkNight– March 2014 – Patience

1. claudia says:

our journey towards a new morning… to hope..life… resurrection… a sensitively written verse – and the longing can be felt…

2. So much hope… truly inspiring and beautiful words.

3. brian miller says:

nice close on this michael….i always feel relief arriving at sunday…a fresh breath, a stop along the way before continuing the journey come monday…patience is not my strong point honestly…in many things…i have more with strangers it seems at times….

• Well you as a teacher would have your patience tested daily I would think. Around family we often don’t show a lot of patience as I often think we think they should know what we want and what to do.Thanks so much for your comment.

4. So much passion here, Michael. I find myself unable to write like this at the moment. I watched a film with a friend the other night and a very moving scene left her in tears, whereas I, whilst I thought it was very well acted and am definitely enjoying the characters, cannot get to ‘that’ place. I find myself passionate about different things at the moment, not love (of a romantic kind). Whew – I don’t know where all that soul-bearing came from – look what your poetry has done!

It was beautifully written – hopeful too.

• Thank you Freya. Some might say it is a phase I am going through with my writing. But at present it is where I am at. I can appreciate those times where you are interested in other things and passion of my kind doesn’t register with you. It is good to see that you feel free to express your comments as you have. I appreciate your thoughts as always.

• I think this ‘phase’ is a wonderful one to be in – I miss that type of passion, but I guess it’s not where I am meant to be at the moment… 🙂

5. Gabriella says:

I like the feelings of expectation and hope you convey in your poem, Michael. And I wonder how soon is soon.

• Thanks Gabriella, you have posed an interesting question, I feel the answer has to be enigmatic as in soon is as long as a piece of string. Not a good answer I know but I like to prolong the mystery. Have a good day.

6. JackieP says:

Really beautiful Michael! So much said in this. I loved it.

7. Emily Page says:

Ah a new dawn…a new day! Nice 🙂

8. scotthastiepoet says:

Hiya Michael, I really admire the steady structure of this – gave me food for thought… With Best Wishes Scott http://www.scotthastie.com

9. hypercryptical says:

Beautifully penned. A new day of expectation and hope (and love to come?).
    Anna :o]

10. Laurie Kolp says:

Such faith…

11. “Rest easy, I am near now

Our weary trek is all but over

The dawn is heralded in azure shards”

Beautiful words, beautifully captured.

12. Truedessa says:

“We are hopeful as we march”..may hope always reside in our hearts..the pictures is perfect for the writing..full of wonder in a new dawn.

13. There is a longing in this, the want to be in the moment, to forget the yesterday’s and bring forth the new tomorrow 🙂

14. To meet a dawn of a long day.. Anticipation of what’s to come.. Those moments are precious… And as a metaphor for faith in life it works most excellently.

15. ayala says:

Lovely poem full of hope.

16. Sumana Roy says:

oh i love my sundays that give me the time to stand and stare…like this new beginning and hope…
    all through…

17. rmp says:

lovely…I, myself, have trouble with patience…even have a silly little saying I repeat in my head to hold back the jitters to move and do.

the end definitely had me smiling though…some things are worth the wait.

18. billgncs says:

walking alone is so much less – maybe that’s the hopelessness of the world. This was a lovely poem

19. Bastet says:

Love how you used the dawn to metaphor the beginning of a new life, an new passion. Moving, thanks for sharing this makes the heart sing!

20. RoSy says:

This is lovely Michael. 🙂

21. Barry says:

This feels very zen-like at the surface, with a swell of longing and emotional tension just beneath. I loved the natural melody of the flow.

22. Words with ositive outlook are the best kind.