Poem 105 – My Words

Poet

You write for me poems with meaning

Words I understand,

Images I see

There is never any doubt

Your intention precise.

I could write in abstract images,

Use squwibbles and squswarkles

Dooseys and dontsys

Affront your inner cortextual interface

With a conglomeration of random

Obscure and esoteric

Pseudo intellectual configurations

Leaving you gasping as my verbal diarrhoea

Splashes and massages

Your equally theoretically

Attuned cerebral intellect.

But to do that, to accost you in that way

Would not be me,

My words invite you on my journey

To explore my world

Take in the nuances that make me, me.

I like the words I write

I wouldn’t put them out there

If they confused or troubled me

They are simply, the simple words

Of a simple man.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Poem 105 – My Words

1. You had me with squwibbles and squswarkles🙊

2. JackieP says:

Love the made up words. haha. I liked it a lot!

3. Gabriella says:

I am glad you do not indulge in logorrhea! Your poem made me smile.

I am stunned by your verbal legerdemain and prestidigitation. I just love your squwibbles and squswarkles

5. This is so light and fun, Michael. I would not say your work is simple…it has much meaning but simple to read:) Nice poem. Oliana xx

6. Bastet says:

Nice “tripping down the cobblestones” quality…like your sculpting of words! 🙂

7. That 2nd verse is simply wonderful! I’m on the journey with you as are many others – whoot whoot – did like this *nods* 🙂

8. Pingback: Friends in Time – Free Verse | Bastet and Sekhmet's Library

9. gimpet says:

HAHAHA, loved this! Yes I don’t have to read the thesaurus with every other word on your poems, except for that second stanza, whoo baby! I can only read one poem like that a day or I get all woozly in the head… 🙂

10. Miss Lou says:

‘Use squwibbles and squswarkles’ – #Awesomeness

There’s no need for such things unless genuinely in your nature.. lol

You write beautifully, in a way that is relatable and honest. The words to share engage us in your journey, taking us on an adventure.

It’s all relative. I say, keep doing what you are doing 🙂

ML
    x

11. I see what you mean! Sometimes, just saying it lime it is, is all you need to do. Pretension is not necessary, no, not at all!

12. RoSy says:

I love the way you write. You may call them simply simple words of a simple man. I call them simply wonderful! 🙂