Poem 97 – No Work

Time to

Exercise,

Read,

Play in my garden

Learn again

Experience different.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Poem 97 – No Work

1. I think we artist are blessed to have out craft to keep us busy.

2. charlypriest says:

“life moves forward time is only a measure”….. love that one, actually I love the hole thing. Maybe one day I can create a piece of art like you do…….aaaand I will!

3. This sounds familiar, as days come and go and we wonder how to fill our time… As you say time is only a measure of the sun passing, now you watch it rise and set, with the day to do with as you please.

4. Anja says:

You haven’t been painting…..

• True Anja but soon to be remedied. It’s all about hours in the day. I am beginning to understand why retired folk often say they don’t know how ever had time to go to work.

5. It’s nice to have a choice to rest or fill time with something we really like to do, especially if it’s useful.

6. Gabriella says:

Great lines! I often wish I had the time to choose what I want to do rather than have my schedule decide for me.

7. JackieP says:

Ah the joy of retirement Michael. Enjoy it to its fullest! This was a great post. Well said, now you need to go and do all these things you want to do.

I’ve been retired (medically) for five years, and have to say, I managed to do more when I was working than now. I don’t know what it is, but I just never seem to get everything done that I want to get done.

9. Bastet says:

Retirement is often a time when we become disorientated. We look forward to it, and once it’s there and all the time is ours alone, one just dosen’t know where to begin. Luckily you have your talents, your interests and most of all good health! New routines to create are such an adventure! Thanks for your reflections.

10. RoSy says: