Sunday Photo Fiction – Beagle

45-02-february-2nd-2014

So what do you think?

Its brilliant. Your best. What is it?

It’s a Beagle.

A Beagle you say?

Yes a Beagle.

It’s a lot different to the last beagle I saw.

I bet it is.

Our beagle was a dog called Atlas. Crazy dog, couldn’t sit still, hyper active, always on the go, hated being confined, when a storm would blow in he’d go berserk, whining and scratching at anything, ate like a horse but loveable all at the same time. Was never very interested in walking wanted to run everywhere and sniff all and anything.

Well this beagle is very different.

Well it hasn’t got four legs and I bet it doesn’t leave its business in the yard.

No, but it went where no man had been before?

Really?

Yes Mars.

Mars? As in the planet?

Amazing.

It is isn’t it.

It truly is. And you made this?

Even more amazing. So was it successful?

No, failed to make entry.

Oh dear!

Just went up in smoke.

All that work for nothing.

Maybe a beagle with four legs and a tail might be a safer option.

Yes. Pet shop?

Lets go.

This entry was posted in Photo Fiction and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Sunday Photo Fiction – Beagle

1. Al says:

Haha brilliant. I think really they should have called it bungle than beagle 😉 I love the conversation between the two. All matter of fact until the end. 😀

A slight error though, After “Well this Beagle is different though”, you put We instead of Well. I hope you don’t mind me saying

RUN PUPPY RUN!!! The dialogue on this was brilliant. I could hear and see everything 🙂

3. Wonderful dialogue, really funny.

4. julespaige says:

It is actually Super Bowl Sunday here…though I’m not much into (American) Football. Just finished the half time show, which is nothing like the marching bands for College and High School teams.
    Some of the commercials are cute. Like this, your story – pet shop indeed! How about the animal shelter 😉 We’ve had our fair share of ‘found hounds.’ Not one a beagle though.

Thanks for stopping ‘Through the Threshold’ ~ Jules

5. Bastet says:

Lol very funny…loved the flow of the converstion and what a great ending! 🙂

6. I had a beagle growing up they are such loving and affectionate dogs =) They are very active I used to play tracking games with mine I’d hide things for him to find he loved it

7. What an interesting and yet again humorous story for the prompt, I would have had nothing, you did well mate

8. draliman says:

Very amusing, and great dialogue! Hopefully the four-legged variety won’t go up in smoke.

9. helenmidgley says:

Ha, Ha, loved the conversation 🙂

10. I really liked this take on the prompt, particularly the way you wrapped it up.