Poem 51

watchingme

Artwork by Anja used with permission

Come my Prince rescue me

Take me from the bonds that tether

I am weary of the endless search

The never-ending moments when all is lost

I do not want to lose hope

Nor do I want to forget

The moments when I craved freedom

The times you called and I could not answer

As shackled I was

In pain and desolate

In a land that had lost all sense of joy.

My prayer has been

That through the mists

The fogs that enclose me

You will seek me out

Find me before it is too late

For I fear the darkness may

Have its final say, and I shall be gone

Only a memory

A photo on a wall

A moment in time

When all was good

When flowers bloomed

The smell of roses was sweet

When I was loved

and all was safe.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Poem 51

1. t h i n g s + f l e s h says:

such a beautiful composition. tony

2. helenmidgley says:

That was beautiful and such a great flow 🙂

3. Gabriella says:

Beautiful wistful poem, Michael!

4. PookyH says:

A perfect poem, a perfect picture… Wonderful words of hope and resilience.

5. RoSy says:

Sounds like hope for a fairy tale ending… 🙂

6. seeking~yearning to be found before they are lost ~ a poignant write my friend and lovely art work by Anja.

7. A beautiful poem for a beautiful picture, the compliment is just divine!

8. Beautiful. I appreciate you recommending this to me, it came at just the perfect time, and in such a perfect way. You have given me so much courage and ambition to continue on with my writing. I cannot thank you enough.
    Who knows? Maybe I will reveal some secrets with all the inspiration you have given me. (:

• You are most welcome Lacey, come visit me anytime. Write when and what you want, if others read it great, if not it doesn’t matter if you’ve put your heart into it and you feel good from the exercise you put your mind too then good. If you have read Terry Pratchett you would know writing is the best fun you can have sitting down.
      And laughter is a wonderful medicine. Thank you for reading.

9. Really lovely!! 🙂 🙂

10. Sun says:

the beautiful artwork flows perfectly smooth with your poem. fills one with hope and love. ☺