Photo Prompt -The Over 60’s Beach.

img_4665

There were several reasons for the No Dogs sign on the beach.

As it was an Over 60s Nudist Beach, many of the beach attendees had pets and knowing their pets as they did decided the beach was no place for them.

Also as many had sight issues and going into the water usually meant leaving their glasses behind their sight was often compromised and stepping into something untoward was not their idea of any fun at all.

There was also the situation many of them faced that with age all of one’s bits tended to be more attracted more to the sand than the sun. So with bits drooping and dangling like they once didn’t, the thought of dogs sniffing round them was very off-putting.

So it was the Over 60’s Nudist Beach operated very happily and successfully, providing and warm and sunny outlet to all those so inclined. It was often surprising how many turned up on any given day. The Over 60’s were more your weekday adventurers finding the weekends attracted far too many undesirable folk like young people, young families and children.

There was one other advantage to attending the beach, it saved a lot of folks the indignity of visiting the swimwear shop to buy new swimmers, and as the years moved on, they found it a relief that their current costume would still be in vogue the next year.

Written for: https://arousedblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/07/photo-challenge/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Photo Prompt -The Over 60’s Beach.

1. calmkate says:

lol quickly written and with great wit .. you’ve tinged my visit to that pretty little beach as after a certain age I believe it should be law to remain fully dressed, and the age limit might sit at about 60!

Lol…I see your logic Kate…though it always surprises me as to how many older people seem to like getting their gear off.

• calmkate says:

ah most lose their inhibitions with the ageing process … I have been threatening to go topless bathing since I had my mastectomy 😉
        lol that would clear the beach rapidly ..

If such a place existed it would be interesting to see how tolerant people would be as I imagine there would be women in the same situation.

• calmkate says:

exactly .. it is freedom to not have two large breasts that drew so much attention, now eyes avoid that area 🙂

2. rothpoetry says:

An interesting post!

3. Fandango says:

“So with bits drooping and dangling like they once didn’t….” Yes, that’s exactly what I’d expect to see at an over 60s beach, my own drooping and dangling bits included.

4. rogershipp says:

It surpasses words… But I am looking for a BleachClean for my mind. Enjoyed.

5. calmkate says:

Hi Michael can you please link this post to here … then delete this comment, thanks heaps!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )