#SoCS Feb. 10/18 – A Tale of Love

socs-badge-2017-18

As Valentine’s Day drew nearer Tommy was looking forward to connecting once again with Summer.

Their relationship had progressed from polite nodding acquaintances to fiery lovers.

Summer worked away a lot and had promised Tommy that she would be back for Valentines Day.

Tommy had made the necessary arrangements so he thought. A home cooked dinner, his best china, aromatic candles and starched napkins.

But as the evening went by she failed to show up. By late evening he was ready to pack it in and take himself to bed.

As the clock turned over to eleven he heard a knock on his door.

Looking over there was an envelope on the floor. He picked it up and opened it and read:

“Happy Valentine’s Day Tommy

Sorry I’m late.

Well open the door, its cold out here.”

Tommy opened the door to discover a naked Summer holding a huge bunch of red roses. She marched in past him, delivering a soft peck on his cheek and disappeared into his bedroom.

Tommy couldn’t help but giggle as she wiggled her bottom as she went by.

Written for: https://lindaghill.com/2018/02/09/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-feb-10-18/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to #SoCS Feb. 10/18 – A Tale of Love

LOL I guess they aren’t going to worry about dinner tonight. Typo is second sentence – There/their 😉

Thank you my dear eagle eyes, corrected says he cursing himself for not seeing it before….hope you are doing well today Lyn? Any cooler up your way, I see you’ve had some very hot days.

• Lyn says:

LOL I just wish I could be as eagle eyed with my MS. Oh yes, we’ve had some stinkers. Today is expected to be 37 with possible thunderstorms, and tomorrow a balmy 38 then 33, 31, 39 (Wednesday) … and so it goes.. No let up until the 24th when it will be 23 for a couple of days before climbing again. Roll on Autumn is all I can say 😀

Yes we get over the heat quickly don’t we…

2. willowdot21 says:

Brilliant SoCS. 💜💜

3. Dinner can wait, let’s have dessert!!

4. What a super Valentines gift, Michael.

5. LindaGHill says:

Love it, Michael! 😀

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )