Thursday photo prompt – Distant #writephoto

horizon1

There was movement on the distant snow covered mountains as the Mountain Nymphs began their trek down the mountain to the nearby village.

For them, it was time for rejuvenation and the male population of the village were the source of their rejuvenation.

They came at night while the village slept and from each male took the seed they needed to renew themselves.

The males never knew what it was that caused them to be weak and listless for the next week. They referred to it as the male blight and blamed the season for laying them low.

Back in the mountains the Mountain Nymphs celebrated the period of renewal. Rejuvenated they were once again ready to hunt the mountain cats and store away the food they needed for the coming summer.

Written for: https://scvincent.com/2018/01/18/thursday-photo-prompt-distant-writephoto/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Distant #writephoto

1. This is a very interesting piece, Michael. I feel more could come.

2. Iain Kelly says:

Meddlesome nymphs! Great imagination Michael.

3. Pingback: Distant #writephoto by Michael | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

4. janmalique says:

What wicked, wicked nymphs Michael…

I think from their perspective Jan, they were doing what they had to to sustain life and the men suffered only a weeks discomfort….though I do see your point…I read a novel years ago where something similar happened but in greater detail.

• janmalique says:

Legends and myths have recounted similar stories Michael, especially regarding succubi and incubi. Humanity has been seen as a source of food and suitable matings.

5. I will never look at mountains the same again. Nice take on the prompt!

6. Sue Vincent says:

This is definitely a place for such old tales to be retold…

7. Pingback: Photo prompt round up – Distant #writephoto | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

8. James says:

I would prefer to be awake when the Mountain Nymphs take my seed, thank you very much.