FFfAW Challenge-Week of December 12, 2017 – The Dinner Date

photo-20171211155310530

Image: © yarnspinner

It wasn’t the sort of dinner date one would look forward to in hindsight. All that was left was a few dried scraps of tissue. The rescue was left to sweep them up. The police hoped there might be DNA to identify which bits were his and which were hers.

No one was sure what had happened. They had ordered a sweet and sour pork, fried rice and a beef and black bean. Somewhere along the line, everything went wrong.

First, he began to shrivel, and then she followed suite. There was a breeze, and before anyone knew it, they were being blown out into the street.

The doors were hurriedly closed and the police called but there wasn’t a lot could be done though someone’s suggestion of pouring water on the dried tissue was treated with an air of disdain.

The restaurant’s reputation suffered, it was avoided, and the couple involved whose surname interestingly was Crisp lived on in folklore.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2017/12/11/fffaw-challenge-week-of-december-12-2017/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to FFfAW Challenge-Week of December 12, 2017 – The Dinner Date

1. Fandango says:

Why do I suddenly have an urge for Chinese food?

2. Reena Saxena says:

Imaginative take on the picture! Good one!

3. Hahahaha! That poor couple that dried up and blew away! Loved the twist at the end with their surname being Crisp! LOL! Great story, Michael!

4. any1mark says:

Take out food always had a slightly different meaning to me. Dinner dates have enough challenges already. Nicely done

5. Iain Kelly says:

Glad I’m not the only one who saw something like bones and remains from the prompt. I was never a big fan of Chinese food anyway…! Nice one Michael.

6. Indira says:

What an imagination.Nice one.LOL, or be scared?

7. Gives a whole new meaning to Takeout Michael!

8. Shivangi says:

Very imaginative tragi-comic tale! Loved it!

9. michael1148humphris says:

I have always enjoyed sweet and sour, it is great, just like your story

10. Ha ha ha ha ha. What a crisp supernatural thriller 🙂 Loved it.

11. Change of plan – Indian meal for me tonight! Nice one.

Click to read my FFfAW!

12. Guess I will think twice about the next restaurant I choose to eat at. Who would think of such a reaction to food, or was it something else?

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w