Thursday photo prompt – Flight – #writephoto – Birds at Sunrise

flight

Dawn is a favoured time for me.

It heralds the new day and marks the end of the darkness.

Outside I hear the birds chorus

It goes on and on and always with an intensity that suggests something very important is being discussed.

Some morning I get up to watch the sunrise, and against the twittering of birds, I see the sun poke its head over the hill to my east.

Then the kookaburras start, their laughter echoes across the valley as from tree to tree they fly staking their territory for all other birds to marvel at.

Some mornings I wander down to the back fence where if I’m quiet enough the ducks will come and sit along the fence line in front of me.

They are big ducks, enough for a family of five I think. But I don’t have the wherewithal to do anything apart from wonder at their size and tastiness.

Lastly, as the sun spreads itself across the yard and begins to warm my shivering self, I hear the Magpies begin their ceremonial warbling. It is melodious and warming on a cold morning as if another language is being spoken to welcome in the new day.

Written for: https://scvincent.com/2017/06/29/thursday-photo-prompt-writephoto-flight/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Flight – #writephoto – Birds at Sunrise

1. Sue Vincent says:

This is my kind of dawn, Michael.

2. Fandango says:

Had to Google “kookaburras,” since those birds are not from around these parts. Learning so much about the “down under” by reading your posts.

3. MC Clark says:

I love both sunrises and sunsets…the best times of the day, I think.

4. Jael Sook says:

Lovely, makes me just want to be still and relish it as long as it lasts…

5. Pingback:  #writephoto – Birds at Sunrise – by  Michael | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

6. chris jensen says:

Sounds like an inviting morning..

i often sometimes find myself, looking in the park, as the people pick-up their dog shit… About the size of the dog, most could hardly feed a family of three!

7. Olga says:

The sights and sounds of nature wake up the soul. Beautiful scene you’ve painted with your words.

8. frankhubeny says:

I liked the wonder at the duck’s “tastiness”. If they only knew.

9. Pingback: Photo prompt round up – Flight #writephoto | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo