Photo Challenge #171 – Does She Dare.

005-o-dac_natalia-fadejeva

Image: Natalia Fadejeva

She couldn’t remember the last time everything went smoothly.

Maybe it was yesterday?

Last week?

Last year?

Now she felt it was all too late.

Forces had taken hold, there was no way out.

She longed for change.

She longed for a new location.

To every turn there was another turn,

One called guilt weighed heavily upon her.

To counter it she stayed away.

Reeled herself in should she fall again to temptation.

The mind is willing she told herself

But the flesh is mighty weak.

In her quiet moments she lusted,

She fantasised, she imagined herself in his arms

His strength entwined around her

Keeping her safe, secure and allowing her to project

A life that was uncomplicated

Where her desire was met and she felt sated.

For so long her body ached to be touched

To be held,

To be shown some glimmer of attraction.

The gentle man was so close

She could reach out and touch him

Feel his warmth encircle her

Know within him there was hope

For a life where so much was destroyed.

She could find succour,

Not left bleeding, allowing life to ebb away.

Turning she saw the gentle man once again,

He stood before her, hand held out

She wondered if she dare reach back.

Written for: https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/photo-challenge-171/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Photo Challenge #171 – Does She Dare.

1. MC Clark says:

This is lovely, Michael…evokes feelings of sadness, longing, hope. I think a lot of people turn away from happiness, choosing instead to stay on the road others expect them to follow.
    I hope she takes his hand. 🙂

2. Jael Sook says:

Wow, this is good–I’m finding it hard to describe, so I’ll just leave it at Wow.

Thank you Jael, I’m flattered you found it so and thanks for following my blog. Call by anytime..

• Jael Sook says:

I’m an old friend of yours from many blogs ago–who knows what my name was then 🙂

Really, any other hint??

• Jael Sook says:

Stella, Bella, Zelda–do any of those ring a bell? I truly can’t recall, as I’ve had a million blog identities 🙂 One year you sent me the most beautiful Christmas e-card–I’ve never forgotten it.

Oh goodness me, Val, J etc etc…I have wondered what happened to you. How good to see you again. Are you doing ok?

• Jael Sook says:

Thanks so much, Michael. Life is the usual roller coaster, and as I’ll shortly be turning 65, I had to get serious about some medical help–so I’m doing better than ok most days. God is faithful, so attentive to my heart ❤ When I decided to start writing to MLMM's great wordle and other prompts again, I thought of you–you write great stuff, and you were always a wonderful reader of mine–so here we are again 🙂

Well its good you are doing better…I do agree life is a real roller coaster the important thing is that we stay on it….I hope you are able to stay with it, turning 65 is a milestone but in this day and age its still “young”, at least i tell myself that as I am working thru the 60s myself….I’m also glad you find comfort in your faith. So keep putting those words down one at a time and enjoy what you do…

• Jael Sook says:

I never used to care about getting older, they were just numbers and I have a fairly young spirit–but this year I’ve amused certain folks when I say, “I can be 65 this year, or depressed–but I simply cannot do both!” Along with faith and gratitude, humor is crucial!! 🙂

I agree, depression will get you no where, whereas a sense of humour opens so many doors many of which are within ourselves.
        So when is the day to celebrate 65 years young?

• Jael Sook says:

Well, depression is hardly a choice, no more than cancer. I’ve fought it more or less valiantly all my life. And along the way, I’ve cultivated a life-saving humor. So maybe that was the purpose of the malady–I can encourage others and laugh 🙂

Sept 26–I’m hoping I can find someone who’ll take me out for a swimming pool-size strawberry margarita. I don’t drink as a rule, but they’re so tasty and refreshing–and after 65 yrs, I’ve well earned it! 🙂

lol….I’m sure there is some fiesty 60 yr old just awaiting the opportunity to do just that….though getting too inebriated on your BD might mean you don’t remember so well…lol

• Jael Sook says:

I’ll probably stay home, watch a movie and toast myself with a Diet Coke, no alcohol 🙂

I know that evening well.

• Jael Sook says:

I can dance with my ghost-love–he’d be 97 this year but we can still 2-step with the best of them 🙂

So long as you can…that’s half the battle 😁

• Jael Sook says:

Yep, what the heart and mind can imagine–nothing is impossible 😉