Word-High July: Takipsilim

july-12

At my back fence we watch the sun

In last throes of day

Sink behind the giant eucalypts.

The last rays highlighting

The magnificence of nature.

Your arm slips into mine

We soak in each other’s warmth

As the chill of twilight descends.

Written for: https://areadingwritr.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/takipsilim/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Word-High July: Takipsilim

1. mandibelle16 says:

Beautiful and poetic.Gives a clear and vivid image of this word 🙂

2. rosemawrites says:

awww. visually and emotionally appealing, Michael! great take!

3. “Sigh. Kleenex. Exquisite,” she said.

4. celticmama36 says:

This is nice. It makes it easy to envision watching the sunset with a loved one.

• celticmama36 says:

You’re welcome.

• celticmama36 says:

Michael, I have been trying to comment on your Harana post. I don’t know what is going on with my WP account, but it won’t let me comment on that post.

Here is the comment that I have been trying to make on your Harana post: This is very nice. It is a risk that I would be afraid to take. My singing is done through the voices of others. Have a blessed day.

I will try again later to get it on the right post, but wanted to be sure you got the comment. Have a great day.

Thank you Suzanne, I think the person you love will accept the effort you take to sing for them no matter how bad we think we are…as a music teacher friend once said to me, every one can sing, just some sing better than others….I sang my song simply out of love so it didn’t matter how flat or out of tune I may have been…..

• celticmama36 says:

You’re welcome. It sounds like you had a wise music teacher.

David tells me that I have a wonderful voice the few times he has heard me sing. It is old recordings of criticizers playing over in my head that I have to learn to silence. They keep me from singing where I can be heard. One day their voices will be gone and I will be free to use mine, uninhibited.

Most definitely and you know you might surprise David one day by just letting your voice do the talking…..I hope he is doing well today?

• celticmama36 says:

Thank you for the vote of confidence.
        He is okay, just very tired. The extreme heat that we are having these days makes things very difficult for him. Just walking for a little distance wears him out. He is improving a little each day. Thank you for asking. I hope all is well with you and yours as well.

Yes we are doing ok…its our winter n now and today there is a strong wind blowing off Antactica so its a bit miserable outside even though the sun is shining….glad David is doing ok…

• celticmama36 says:

Thank you. I am glad you and your folks are okay.

Our heat index today was 106ºF / 41.1ºC, which is really miserable, too. Feel free to send that wind up here. I’d rather be cold than hot. Winter is my favorite season, but we don’t really get a winter here in this part of Texas.

We get summer days like yours too…so I do sympathize with you…take care

• celticmama36 says:

Sometimes I think the whole planet is going to melt. Thank you. You take care, too.

5. David E. McClendon Sr. says:

What a great way to spend a twilight. Arm in arm with the one you love. Great presentation.

6. Shadeau says:

A very cosy-ing picture, Michael 🙂

7. Oliana says:

Ah, so darn romantic…lovely, Michael!

8. Really lovely Michael.