FFfAW Challenge – Week of 07-05-2016 – Ralph’s Plan

photo-20160703144130170

Image: Thanks to Yinglan

Ralph looked through the wire, he saw what he hated most. The bloody Yorkies running round like they owned the place. He and his mate Fluffhead were forever confined to the cage and it just wasn’t fair, no siree it wasn’t. No amount of sucking up to the owner made the slightest difference. She loved the Yorkies more than she loved him.

Ralph’s blood would boil when he saw her taking the little fluffballs on a walk, her hands holding their leads her attention solely focused on the little rodents as Ralph thought of them.

He could be a lovable, cuddly and playful as any little brown ball of fur.

He had a plan, a very cunning plan. That night the Yorkies would find themselves in the midst of a doggy nightmare and he would be the king of the yard. Ralph chuckled a doggy chuckle as he thought of the owner the next morning awakening to his smiling dial.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2016/07/04/fffaw-challenge-week-of-07-05-2016/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to FFfAW Challenge – Week of 07-05-2016 – Ralph’s Plan

1. Well, it’s not fair that the owner only loves the Yorkies! Cute story, Michael!

2. mandibelle16 says:

Oh no, he sounds like the psycho of dogs. Funny and interesting POV. I enjoyed this very much.

3. Joy Pixley says:

Interesting take, from the dog’s POV . Although from my point of view, I can see some potential problems with his plan to get rid of the Yorkies. Not that it’s not worth considering anyway. Stupid Yorkies, hogging all of Mom’s attention. 😉

Dogs are no different to children when it comes to feeling that a “sibling” is loved more than you. Shame! Shame! Shame! :p

5. luckyjc007 says:

Yes, dogs do get jealous of each other and I’ve often wondered what goes through their mind. Like humans, they can be devious.Ralph doesn’t sound very lovable and cuddly. But, I can understand why he would be so upset about the situation! Enjoyable read.

6. rosemawrites says:

an adorable and clever take, Michael!

7. Oliana says:

This IS adorable. I prefer the big dog to the yappy yorkie (although they are adorable) I was going to name the St Bernard in my story, Raoul (Ralph in French )…:)

8. Why don’t I share Ralph’s enthusiasm?
    Love the story.

9. Sonya says:

Well, it might not quite turn out the way Ralph thinks… Poor guy, I feel for him.

10. Mike says:

I am worried about where Ralph is sending the Yorkies

11. KL Caley says:

Great job Michael! Sounds like those troublesome yorkies had it coming! Lol. KL ❤

12. I really enjoyed this story 🙂 clever use of the dog’s point of view.

13. athling2001 says:

Great story. Wouldn’t want to get on the bad side of that dog. Love it.

14. I would probably throw a doggy tantrum as well.