Moral Mondays: “Harsh Words Stir Up Anger”

moral_mondays_logo

It was always the Tupperware cupboard, a walk in cupboard floor to ceiling with plastic of every description.

Always it was untidy, easier to throw in when not being used.

His job was to tidy it.

No amount of hours made a difference. It was never done right. Vicious words upon vicious words left him frustrated, angry, on edge any amount of trouble could have happened.

Called lazy and useless one time too many he acted, walked out, left the mess to the one who never tidied anything. As usual she didn’t understand, denied she did anything to provoke him.

Written for: Moral Mondays: “Harsh Words Stir Up Anger”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Moral Mondays: “Harsh Words Stir Up Anger”

1. mandibelle16 says:

Nice take. Yeah it’s very true there is no way to organize the Tupperware cupboard. No matter what they claim about things stacking nice.

2. TamrahJo says:

This is why growing sons get throw together meals – I fix for usual appetites, so, A:) Not as many leftovers shoved back in frigerator to grow green/fuzzy/smell AND no Tupperware cupboard to straighten! LOL – that was my job, when I was at home, during fall/spring cleaning – my mom really organized and fastidious, but still, there I was, facing a cupboard full of plastic to organize (she’s a child of the Depression, so not entirely her fault – she saves everything (and then wonder’s at my packrat ways….LOL) AND mixed in with supposedly stackable/nestable stuff, there they are, the washed/rinsed yougurt containers, cottage cheese containers, water bottles – – she laughed at me last week when I roared, “I’m on the list to get my raw milk share next month! WHERE DID YOU MOVE MY 1/2 GALLON GLASS JARS!!!!?!?” Seriously, they are still cheaper than Tupperware – – LOL

Oh dear, I can so relate to the Tupperware cupboard. I’ve been through my fair share of Tupperware in the last 50 years. The original TW at least had a lifetime guarantee. These days they charge you $8 to return the stuff to them. Anything with a blade (plastic knives etc) only have a 30 day guarantee.
    I gave up on TW years ago – Deco with colour coded lids are just as good. A lid with a red seal goes on any container with a red edge — perfect 😀

4. No matter how much I try my Tupperware cupboard is always a mess! Impossible task!

5. Stella says:

Oh dear. I LOVE the write, Michael…and I’m sort of laughing, as I’m the only one here to both mess up the pseudo Tupperware–and tidy it after hurling curses 🙂

6. Nortina S. says:

…and the lids always go missing!!! 😀
    Organizing that Tupperware cupboard would drive anyone up the wall.
    Wonderful story, Michael!

Thank you Nortina, another great moral challenge. I think you hit on a winner with this challenge when you restricted responses to 100 words. That for me is the real challenge.

7. Mandy says:

Walked out leaving her the Tupperware? Seems she got the comeuppance she deserved… 🙂