Haibun Monday #10: Hanami

maxresdefault

“Come –
see real blossoms
of this painful world”   Basho

I’m here again this time in the spring. Last November I stood and marvelled at the brilliant autumn colours in this very spot. Now I have returned, travelled this vast distance to once again stand spellbound by the beauty of nature. This country is such a spectacular contrast of seasonal colour.

I feel now having witnessed the seasonal change in all its magnificence I have satisfied my soul, I can leave this world and the pain I endure complete in the knowledge of the restorative power of nature for right now in this moment I am whole.

the pink of the spring

cleanses my soul of all pain

now I feel at peace

Written for: http://dversepoets.com/2016/03/28/haibun-monday-hanami/

This entry was posted in Poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Haibun Monday #10: Hanami

1. Mary says:

Beautifully written. Indeed, there is something rejuvenating about seasonal changes…whether it be autumn or spring! Thank goodness for the variety nature presents us with.

2. Grace says:

Each season is beautiful but spring brings renewal and satisfaction that we have come full cycle on our life ~ I like that feeling of wholeness, cleansing the soul of pain ~

Lovely haibun Michael ~ Thanks for joining us ~ Have a great week ~

3. Yes, Michael, there is so much to learn in nature, and that is where I go so often to rediscover peace…and that’s what I see in your haibun.

• Thank you Victoria, hope you have a good day….everyday there is something to marvel at….this morning I had to disturb a spider and its web as there is only room in my garden for one of us when I am there…..he will rebuild his web I am sure…..but I thought of the effort he went to to create a web which is so unique in its own way…..

4. Bodhirose says:

I like the idea of finding your soul’s peace in spring. Ah, yes!

5. maria says:

Beautifully written, Mandi… It’s kind of the “stop & feel” kind of poem. ❤ ❤ ❤

6. kim881 says:

I do love spring but I have a closer affinity with autumn – it could be something to do with British weather and the romance of mist and fog. However, your haiku has made me rethink. 🙂

7. Kathy Reed says:

Oh yes, nature does that for us, and in every season; but the colors of and sounds of spring are exquisite. Nicely done.

8. An inspiring response to an inspiring prompt! Fills one with the possibility of hope.

9. “right now in this moment I am whole” the pain makes those moments even more exquisite. Lovely,Michael

10. A serene and artful piece! Much needed here. Thank you.

11. kanzensakura says:

Finding peace….yes indeed. And I like you moving that spider inside! I do the opposite. when I find a spider inside, I move them outside to a nice, quiet, safe location. This is such a moving haibun. “Now I feel at peace”…that sums it all up. I never cease to be amazed at the beauty of the seasons and their changes. Thank you for responding to the prompt and posting. I am smiling and will be saying to myself many times today, Now I feel at peace.

• Thank you Toni, it was a beautiful time to write about and having been in Japan albeit in the autumn I am so appreciative of the beauty that exists there. One day I’ll return in the spring.

12. Your second paragraph is superb. I felt the wholeness, the circle closing peacefully. Thank you!

13. I agree that such beauty is not only breathtaking but is healing, bringing us back to what matters in this world. Here’s hoping you always feel “the power of nature”.
    A stunning haiku at the end.

14. sMiLes..