FFfAW – Week of 11-17-2015 – Peacock

wpid-photo-20151116101847422

When peacock met his one great love across the mighty divide he knew instantly that he had found a rare beauty.

It was beholding of him he knew to attract the fair hen with a show of his magnificence and grandeur.

Each day he’d show off his feather and finery wanting to impress the humble hen by his spectacular display, the strutting and prancing, his tales of bravery and courage, of victory and achievement.

Peacock sidled up to the hen, fluttered his magnificent tail, and made an all out effort to win her affection.

Hen looked at the enthusiastic peacock and rubbed her head against his flank. She liked him as he was, show was not necessary, for she knew a good cock was hard to find. She was proud to be his mate.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2015/11/17/fffaw-week-of-11-17-2015/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, writing challenge and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to FFfAW – Week of 11-17-2015 – Peacock

1. Ahhh, she loved him for who he is because he was one of a kind and hard to find. I’m glad love came so easy, but then cocks are like that. 😀 Great story Michael!

2. J Lapis says:

Excellent–and since there seems a shortage of good men, there’s always Mr Everlast….

3. HumaAq says:

Very sweet story with a good flow till the end

4. mandy says:

I’ve taken part in a few bible studies, but none were ever quite as fun as the one going on here 😀 I enjoyed this tale, Michael. It was noble of the cock to put forth his best effort rather than taking it for granted the hen could figure out for herself all his great traits. Of course she could, but why pass up the the spectacular show? 🙂

5. Susan says:

Your story was hilarious, especially the last line. LOL:)

6. So dearie us to begin with, the dancing the mating ritual, then of course shock..horror..I gasped…I roflmao! Ten cheers for the cocks of this world! Very funny mate 😉

7. That according to my IPad was meant to say “so serious to begin with”. Good grief!

8. You are in fine form. Think I’ll leave it at that.

9. luckyjc007 says:

Sweet story! Love at first sight! Now, love birds. 🙂

10. Lovely story of acceptance; she didn’t need the show to make up her mind.

11. clothespeggedpat says:

ROFLMAO …. Michael – you are brilliant!

What a punch of a second to last line!

Hysterical!

I do so appreciate a man with a tremendous sense of humour XD

And reading through the comments, I have to add … I appreciate your sense of “bible study!”

12. Ellespeth says:

Brilliantly hilarious piece of writing.
    Ellespeth

13. mandibelle16 says:

Bahaha. That was hilarious. You never fail to disappoint with your sense of humour.

14. Loved the second to last line. Hilarious.