Mondays Finish the Story – Oct. 19th, 2015 – Drop Bears

2015-10-19-c2a9-2015-barbara-w-beacham

Finish the story begins with  “Not knowing what to expect, he made his way into the dark of the forest.”

As prepared as he was with every survival technique finely honed he felt there was one aspect of this journey that was going to cause him concern.

His mum had said to change out of his shorts as the drop bears would target his nobby knees.

Drop bears were the bane of every explorer in the forest. You could be walking along and whack they’d land on your head and there was a devil of a time removing them.

They were cuddly, with wet tongues and very friendly but could dig their claws into you and inflict unsightly wounds.

But today there was to be no standing back and allowing the little furry creatures to interrupt his aim of exploring the dinosaur valley where the last of the triceratops was still living happily.

As he cleared the forest the lights went out and a very wet tongue licked his nose.

Written for: https://mondaysfinishthestory.wordpress.com/

This entry was posted in MFTS, writing challenge and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Mondays Finish the Story – Oct. 19th, 2015 – Drop Bears

1. Lol looks like he got dropped!

2. Now you see him, now you don’t.. He got dropped upon. Very comical my friend.

He should have put Vegemite behind his ears, that’s the only thing that will keep Drop Bears away. Triceratops, on the other hand, are another matter altogether–very slurpy creatures. But at least they are vegesaurs and not steakasaurs 🙂

4. A very entertaining tale that made me smile 🙂

5. tnkerr says:

Drop Bears? That’s why I live in the desert. Nothing for them to drop from. Great Story!

6. Haha! The drop bear got him! Cute story Michael. 😀

7. Graham Lawrence says:

They sound like cute creatures but perhaps not!

8. I don’t think I would like those drop bears to drop on me. Cute.

9. I’m not sure if the drop bears sound adorable or terrifying.

10. babso2you says:

Was an enjoyable story Michael! Very entertaining! Thank you for adding a story to the Mondays Finish the Story challenge and be well… ^..^

11. I accepted your invitation to read your post, and found reading it the second time around was instructive. I humbly admit I have much to learn about writing. Thanks for motivating me.

12. rogershipp says:

Imaginative! I had never hear of the ‘drop bear’…. so like all good teachers- I googled- vicious little creatures! Loved the read!

13. afairymind says:

I too bad to Google ‘drop bear’ as well – they’re definitely not something you want to encounter! A very entertaining story, Michael. 🙂

14. Darn drop bears. What a nuisance. Very creative story, Michael. Well done. 🙂 — Suzanne

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )