Haibun Monday 1 – Spring

Artistic-Cartoon-Couple-Sitting-On-A-Bench

The vision in front of me only wavers a second before I make focus and see what my heart has desired so long. It has taken an entire year to bring about this moment and here on this spring morning, the sun shining through my window, you stand here having made the long and arduous journey. We sit under the apple blossom tree, the morning breeze caresses our cheeks as we sip our tea as before us the wood ducks swim lazily upon the creek.

apple blossom time

two hearts together at last

spring awakening

Written for: http://dversepoets.com/2015/09/07/haibun-monday-1/

This entry was posted in haibun, haiku, Poetry and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Haibun Monday 1 – Spring

1. Grace says:

I love this season, spring awakening ~ How tender you have painted the coming of spring, it feels like coming home ~

Thanks Michael for joining our Haibun Monday ~

2. x says:

I love the Apple blossoms and cherry blossoms so delicate and beautiful. A peaceful love filled verse Michael

3. HEart spangles shiNe on Summer’s ease..
    shade comes.. cool feelings sing.. oN Breeze
    cHairs connections.. mood breaks.. Lights come..
    PeacehArmony amonG US.. bLeeds heaRt aLive..

Chairs Love
    Fires Chariot
    HeArt Rides LiGht..:)

4. You romantic you, lovely visions created my friend.

5. Gabriella says:

This is very sweet, Micahel. And I hope it is not all fictional. I am very glad to see you back at dVerse and hope you are well too.

6. Glenn Buttkus says:

Sweet, with a hint of sensuality, it was a romantic read, leaving the soul refreshed, & your haiku is tight & verbose.

7. Mary says:

I envy you your spring morning as we here are facing autumn, the other side of the coin. There is something special about sitting and sipping tea, welcoming in a new season…whatever the season may be! Nice to see you here, Michael.

• Hi Mary good to be able to stop by, yes the spring is coming here, my roses have been pruned and are sprouting again and soon will be in bloom again. Sipping our cups of tea is a wonderful thought.

8. kanzensakura says:

People seem to know you but I do not. It is so good to be introduced to you with this tender haibun – delicate and fragrant as those apple blossoms. Just gorgeous!

9. Suzanne says:

What a lucky lady to be so welcomed. That cup of tea must be like nectar.

10. Oh, how nice to see you back at dVerse.. This is a wonderful romantic haibun, I feel the return of spring as something that is yet too far away,

11. mandy says:

Strikingly beautiful image, Michael. More than a fanciful vision, I hope 😊

12. Kathy Reed says:

Perfect haibun for spring…love the image you posted to go with your haibunn

13. thotpurge says:

Such a lovely moment!

14. Snakypoet (Rosemary Nissen-Wade) says:

Deliciously romantic!

15. What a lovely and loving scene. 🙂 Peace, Linda

16. Bodhirose says:

Very tender…and having to wait a year makes joining with another even better. Your haiku echoes spring’s new beginnings…lovely.

17. Grace says:

Just a note to check out the other poems by your fellow haibun writiers, specially those who joined in the last few days.
    Our next Haibun Monday is October 5. See you then !

18. C.C. says:

“apple blossom time”–lovely 🙂

19. kelly says:

So lovely… a piece filled with love and sunshine.

20. Full of hope and anticipation with a sweet ending….or beginning. 🙂