FFfAW-Week of 08-11-2015 – Manis

wpid-photo-20150808193532549

Manis looked at me and I at her.

This would be our tenth castle and I was fed up with castles.

The previous excursion to take in the Castle of Vitorian had resulted in a rude awakening for us.

At the door was a sign advising that on certain days beginning with a T the castle ghost could be seen marauding the corridors.

Manis loved ghosts; She had an affinity with them and was eager to engage with this one.

But this was no ordinary ghost. He didn’t scream, clank chains, pop out at you but rather as you walked along you had this eerie sense of someone behind you, then beside you then in front of you then Manis screamed, her skirt had been lifted, her hair touched and then she froze as cold clammy hands grasped her neck.

At the front door of this tenth castle was a sign, ‘Beware the Castle Ghost’ with tally marks numbering fifty.

Still recovering we looked at each other and…..Nah!

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/fffaw-week-of-08-11-2015/

This entry was posted in writing challenge and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to FFfAW-Week of 08-11-2015 – Manis

1. HumaAq says:

I felt like I was at a haunted house, nice ride you gave around with the castles. How can someone be interested in meeting ghosts😱good going with prompt

2. I love it Michael! The ending is great, “Nah!” I think she doesn’t love ghosts as much as she thought she did. Haha! Cute story.

3. Oh gosh, I forgot to tell you, thank you for participating in FFfAW challenge!

4. yolandarenee says:

I think I would castled and ghosted out. Time for the beach! 🙂 Well done!

5. Valida Faire says:

I LOVE it–particularly the phrase, “marauding the corridors”. I confess I was bewildered (dull mind) about the significance of “50” tally marks.

6. Oliana says:

Splendid job here, Michael!! scary alright!! the only ghost I ever was open to see, feel or hear was my mom and the first time I was very very scared. As for my father,I told him to stay away…the only thing he did was leave the smell of cigarettes.. in my bedroom and kitchen.

7. This was a fun and playful story.

8. missdoudy says:

so funny good for her she learned not to deal with ghosts. nice read thank you

9. Ameena k.g says:

*wheew* you took me on one heck of a roller coaster ride with this story. It was a breathtaking piece of flash fiction and I literally read this “wide-eyed”. Amazing job on the story.

10. afairymind says:

After an encounter like that I wouldn’t want to be meeting any more ghosts either! Great story, Michael. 🙂

Before entering any more castles, I think Manis needs to get herself an anti-ectoplasm amulet 🙂

12. milliethom says:

I think ten castle visits would have been just one too many in their case! I’ve never yet encountered a ghost in a castle, and hope I never will – especially one like that nasty, formless specimen in Castle Number Nine! At least that incident cured Manis of her fixation with ghostly beings! 🙂

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )