Mondays Finish the Story – August 3rd, 2015 – Essence of Nightshade

2015-08-03-c2a9-2015-barbara-w-beacham

Finish the story begins with:  “The team employed the use of Nightshade to get the information they wanted from their captive.”

You better start spilling your guts Mr O’Grogean or it’s curtains for you.

Still not talking? Let’s give you a little incentive.

In my hand I have essence of nightshade. I will inject it into your neck Mr O’Grogean and the effects will be none too pleasant.

Let me elaborate. Your brain when the nightshade enters will swell, then explode, then what you think is a nasal discharge will in fact be your brains seeping out of your skull.

So you can save yourself that misery Mr O’Grogean.

Just for your own benefit Mr O’Grogean the nightshade wont kill you but it will leave you…you know…not much of a man…

Ah yes, gold, good, Tuesday, six pm, good, in the third carriage excellent that’s what we wanted to know.

Thanks Mr O’Grogean…….shoot him!!

Written for: https://mondaysfinishthestory.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/mondays-finish-the-story-august-3rd-2015/

This entry was posted in MFTS, writing challenge and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Mondays Finish the Story – August 3rd, 2015 – Essence of Nightshade

1. babso2you says:

I loved the POV in your story and the last line too! Excellent! Thanks for another story, and sorry about the issue with the inlinkz this morning. I added your story to the board. Be well… ^..^

2. Oh the poor man, dead whatever he did or said.

3. Great story! Too bad the man had to die at the end. I thought you did very well with this prompt sentence.

4. virgobeauty says:

️Tehehee. Great story.

5. ansumani says:

classic torture scene. Well done.

6. Valida Faire says:

It would be foolish to think he’d live, regardless of his cooperation… By the by, I looked up “flannel flowers”–very pretty, thanks for teaching me a new floral enjoyment. PS: I SO LOVE a beautifully poisonous blossom….must find the old poem in my files that used one… Hope your day is going well–Tuesday Down Under, eh?

Well done, Michael 🙂 For some reason, this reminded me of a “Father Brown” story. No particular one mind you, it just felt very Father Brown-ish.

8. Cheryl-Lynn says:

Oh my such torture …and you have that shocking ending…he still dies. Well written, Michael.

9. Love the structure of this story…. well done. Poor tortured soul… he was never going to live. Great story!

10. afairymind says:

A very cleverly told and chilling story, Michael. 🙂 Really well done.

11. A scary scene! The ending fits, though it’s sad for the captive.

12. yolandarenee says:

Promises of relief is why we want the torture to end. Very powerful!

13. RoSy says:

Ugh! Why do they always fall for that. Not like they are gonna’ be left to live anyway.