FFfAW Week of 4-15-2015 – Sleeping Giant Island

wpid-photo-20150410164052503

There was something alluring if not bordering on stupidity as we approached Sleeping Giant Island.

As our dingy slipped across the shimmering water towards the island there was an air of excitement growing among the assembled passengers.

Only Oscar the dinghy’s navigator looked about apprehensively.

This island was only place in the world with living dinosaurs. We had been selected to conduct an audit of the island to ascertain the number of species still alive.

It soon became clear that the pterodactyls were still alive and thriving as two swooped down leaving us all covered in pterodactyl greeting.

The audit went well with Carstairs the only casualty. He had foolishly tried to count the teeth of a sleeping T-Rex only for the unfortunate creature to awaken and in a reflex action swallow the equally startled Carstairs.

We assumed, as they never bothered us again we were not palatable to them though they did growl, snarl and drop their waste on us with monotonous regularity.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2015/04/14/fffaw-week-of-4-15-2015/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to FFfAW Week of 4-15-2015 – Sleeping Giant Island

With the release of Jurassic Park IV happening in June, I think it’s about time they thought about a future Jurassic Park movie. Your post could be a good proposal for it Michael — Jurassic Park V – The Guano Brigade 😀

2. This is great! I can just imagine these people walking around the island with dinosaurs dropping their waste on them. Hahaha! (Don’t think I would want to go there).

3. LOL! that was crappy.. no, really, it was great! loved it!

4. RoSy says:

I think I’ll take a detour. 😉

5. luckyjc007 says:

I could not be an auditor there. I would just have to make a living some other way! Loved reading about it though.

6. phylor says:

Jurassic Park: Watch your step — something awaits you at every turn.
    Is the real destination of your trip? London and Europe being a ploy?

7. To get pooped on or swallowed whole? I can’t decide 😛

8. Ameena k.g says:

Hahah, who would try to count a dinosaur’s teeth?! That last addition added a humorous side to the story 🙂

9. skyllairae says:

YAY! Dinosaurs! Super fun read 🙂

10. Francesca Smith says:

It was as if he was asking to be swallowed.
    Great read!

11. afairymind says:

This made me smile. 🙂 I don’t think I’d want to visit there – not without a very large umbrella! Great story.

12. Loretta says:

That was fun to read, right down to the pterodactyl greeting!

13. hoping they have biohazard suits 😉 Very entertaining!

14. Creatopath says:

Poor stupid Carstairs. Enjoyed this humorous story. In this sentence – This island was only place, “the” is missing.