100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week#170 – The Scent.

100wcgu-7

This week’s prompt: …the scent was overpowering…

Alice looked at herself in the mirror. This interview was hers. She felt confident; she knew she owned this job.

Dressed in her best power suit she made sure she was wearing the right amount of perfume, not too over powering, subtle enough to attract attention.

After when she had the job in the bag, she kissed the small bottle she carried in her purse.

She made her way to Madame Lucy’s Shop of Knockout Scents. She wanted to thank her for the aroma that overpowered her new boss.

Written for: https://jfb57.wordpress.com/2015/03/10/100-word-challenge-for-grown-ups-week170/

21 Responses to 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week#170 – The Scent.

1. Sheila says:

Nice! Smart and confident woman. Good take on the prompt.

2. JackieP says:

Hm, I guess whatever advantages you can use eh? 😉

3. Was her new boss in the bag too? *raises eyebrow*

4. AnnIsikArts says:

NIce one. Was thinking of you earlier and here you are! Hope you’re having a good 2015. 🙂

5. mandy smith says:

Seems women have always had to go over and above to get the job. Now they are prohibiting scents of any kind in workplaces. Oh well, women are becoming the bosses 😀

• I didn’t know that about stopping women wearing scents in the workplace. It’s true though about women having to be better than males to get a job. Thanks Mandy for sharing your comment with me.

I could have done with one of Miss Lucy’s perfumes about twenty years ago 🙂 What Mandy says about perfume in the work place is true. We weren’t allowed to wear it if someone in our team had any sort of allergy or they were asthmatics. It was a government department too.

7. My Words On A Page says:

Hi, fab take on the prompt. Sassy lady! I never leave the house without a spritz of fragrance 🙂

8. RoSy says:

Please send me the address to that shop. I could use some of that perfume – should I ever get into looking for another job. 😉