Mondays Finish the Story – Feb. 9th, 2015 – Juliette

2015-02-09-bw-beacham

Finish the story begins with:  “Dropping her line into Fool’s Lake, she patiently waited for something to bite.”

It didn’t long and Juliette began to feel fishing was like her life…slow.

She had not spent all those years of rigorous training and even more arduous years qualifying to join the Assassins Guild for a life of boredom.

She wanted the thrill of the mark, the preparation, the planning, the pursuit, the cornering, the capture, the look of desolation in her prey’s eyes and then the glorious moment of the kill. She felt a shiver as an unrecognised tingle went through her.

She felt a sudden glow and a feeling of damp she had not witnessed before. In her mind she consulted her Assassins Apprenticeship Text Book for any references, but there were none.

Casting her line once again she thought: Curious…but nice.

mondays-finish-the-story

Written for: https://mondaysfinishthestory.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/214/

This entry was posted in MFTS and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to Mondays Finish the Story – Feb. 9th, 2015 – Juliette

1. Shivangi says:

Felt like a slice from life.
    ..kudos to you.

2. This is how I imagine some students feel after completing their degree. After all that, if they do not get the desired job then it must seem like such a waste.
    I would hate to be in that situation.

3. babso2you says:

Nicely done once again! Thank you Tommy for taking part in the MFtS challenge! See you next week? 🙂 I hope so! Be well…. ^..^

Good story, Michael. I think fishing is a fine pass time for an assassin. You have the hunt, the patient waiting, the hook, the victory. You even get to eat your prey, which, unless you”re a T-Rex trained as an assassin, you can’t do 🙂

5. Hhhhmmm…. I read that as an intimate moment. LOL!! I don’t think you were talking about murdering. Hahaha!

6. Pingback: The Big One | Eric's Blog

7. draliman says:

I would imagine patience is a key attribute for an assassin. I expect it’s mostly waiting around for hours and then one quick moment of violence – maybe fishing will teach her that!

8. afairymind says:

Great take on the prompt! Like Draliman, I think patience would be quite an important skill for an assassin to learn. Maybe once she’s mastered that the jobs will start flooding in. 🙂

9. What a great story, Michael! you had us in the mind of an assassin…the thrill of the chase and once found…facing his prey…you added an intimate moment ….unexpected …awesome write,Michael.

10. Pingback: Foolish dreams (flash fiction) | Traces of the Soul

11. babso2you says:

I just need to say thank you! I have had a number of folks come to the MFtS challenge because of your posts! I humbly thank you and express, words fail me now, my appreciation for helping my site! Be well, and thank you again!

12. mj6969 says:

Wonderful work here Michael – and smiling in slight secretive knowing – that “slip” of certain lines – well, brilliant! You are a bit of devil, in the best of ways …. Kudos and most excellent 🙂

13. milliethom says:

I like the way you compare Juliette’s life, devoid of an assassin’s activities, to the slow pace of fishing. You’ve also done a great job of making an assassin’s life sound so dangerous, brutal and exciting, as well as extremely satisfying. I can well see how the fisherman’s skills of planning, preparation and patience are necessary for an assassin to attain those satisfying results.
    I think I’ve said ‘assassin’ quite enough now, so I’d better finish off briefly. I really enjoyed this story! 🙂

14. penshift says:

I was picking up on parallels to Colonel O’neil character from Stargate for some reason. lol Her frustration certainly comes through clearly. It made me feel it myself.

15. I loved it that she had an Assassin’s Apprenticeship Text Book. 😀 Fantastic, Michael. 🙂 — Suzanne