Poetics: Passion of Brooke Shaden

13802449363_90faf3809f_z

Image by Brooke Shaden: ‘we are infinite.’

Echoes of 70’s music

Carly Simon and others

Good times

Long gone

Distant fading memory.

More recently

Doors slamming

Questions asked

Was I crazy?

You lunatic.

Promises of love

Committed to the now

What If I die tomorrow?

What if my infinite has a used by date

That’s years after my best by.

I stare into the future

Its there, waiting,

Beyond today is mysterious

Living in hope

Is it enough?

‘Will you still love me tomorrow?’

Plays in my head.

Closing my eyes I see you

The sassy playful girl

Lighting up my dreams.

Written for: http://dversepoets.com/2014/09/23/poetics-passion-of-brooke-shaden/

34 Responses to Poetics: Passion of Brooke Shaden

1. Mary says:

Michael, I don’t think any of us know the future; but I don’t think a person is a ‘lunatic’ if they live in hope! We all need hope to light up our dreams.

2. What if my infinite has a used by date

That’s years after my best by… That’s a scary thought… I love the bit about 70s music.
    I’m in my 20’s but I listen to a lot of older music: Elvis Costello, Pointer Sisters, Johnny Hates Jazz, etc… I always wonder what it would’ve been like to experience some of my favs in their prime… Sorry to babble, I love music as you can tell… smiles

3. Gabriella says:

We certainly have no idea of what the future has in store but I tend to believe we can help shape it, hoping that we are not too close to the expiry date.

4. Grace says:

Love those memories & years, smiles ~I thought this part was really good Michael:

What if my infinite has a used by date
    That’s years after my best by.

Thanks for participating and wishing you happy week ~

5. ayala says:

Living in hope is not a bad thing at all…lovely write.

6. I too loved the lines:

What if my infinite has a used by date
    That’s years after my best by.

Many times I have wondered the same

7. JackieP says:

I would rather live in hope, then have none at all. As for the best buy date. Hmmm you got a price tag? lol Sorry couldn’t resist.

8. vandana says:

Wandering and windering, sure but never to lose hope along the way

9. Polly says:

Oh my, memories are made of this – wonderful writing.

10. when memories of the past start take over and the future looks bleak and unsure.. maybe the present is even better… 🙂

11. brian miller says:

What if my infinite has a used by date

That’s years after my best by

great question…maybe even in line with what i have been pondering the last bit…what if my best years are gone…what is there of what is left of them?

12. What if my infinite has a used by date

That’s years after my best by.

Loved these lines Michael excellent job on this and love the image

13. billgncs says:

ha – my infinite love has a use date too! Love immediately or add a little blue pill 🙂

But on a serious note, I think love is a bit of a fire that the right woman always rekindles

14. Imelda says:

Love and hope go together, and are just what we need to look at the future with courage. 🙂

15. margaret says:

Just hold on to a part of that sassy, playful girl… but also the older, more serious – it’s all good 🙂

16. rmprmp says:

hmm…the end made me smile. Quiet an array of ponderings…”What if my infinite has a used by date / That’s years after my best by” is quite an interesting thought.

17. i found your blog through mindlovemisery and enjoy your writings so much. i added you to my blogroll. perhaps you’d like to stop by and visit me sometime as well. 🙂

stacy lynn mar