Harvest – Open Link Night – Literary Harvest

Poet

D’verse poets are beautiful people

Supportive and encouraging,

I could litanise but

I’d be bound to leave one out.

They eat and drink copiously

Rejoice in each other’s work

For they love to commune.

They sway in poetic rhythms

Glory in challenging our thinking.

They enjoy taking on an argument

Expanding an idea

Discussing points of view.

Their keyboard is both

Savour an argument

Pique your interest

Throw in metaphors

Assorted literary devices

In a devilish number

Of stanza and verse.

You have to love a person

Capable of that.

Today I wrap myself

In the harvest of words

I find in the d’verse pub.

Written for: http://dversepoets.com/2014/08/30/harvest-open-link-night/

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Harvest – Open Link Night – Literary Harvest

1. Mary says:

Indeed, the harvest of words at dVerse is always rich and bountiful. Something for every taste. Nicely expressed, Michael.

2. You discribed me perfectly.

3. claudia says:

smiles…ha…it’s all that… isn’t it beautiful when we harvest those words that have grown and riped… nice…

4. brian miller says:

smiles…nice ode to the pub….the blessing and the curse of words…they come with a responsibility…and well…i may be guilty of a devilish number of stanzas today too….smiles…its all fun, you know…

5. Grace says:

How sweet of you Michael ~ Indeed it is challenge to keep up with the pace of talented writers ~ Thanks for hanging out with us and lending your voice to the pub ~ Have a lovely weekend ~

6. Gabriella says:

It is a very sweet and heartfelt tribute, Michael. I must say that the great support at dVerse encouraged me to come back and write more. That and a few other wonderful friends like yourself.

7. JackieP says:

Now that was a nice ode Michael. 🙂

8. billgncs says:

and, they can be a friendly face in a faraway place.

9. Truedessa says:

I like the image of harvesting words ..perhaps store some away for a rainy day..dVerse is indeed a fine community with caring people who hold it all together.

10. A wonderful tribute to everyone that plants those seeds to harvest into poetry – lovely

11. To go around here looking at the ripe harvest of words is a blessing indeed.. this is a great tribute to the whole community we have here.. 🙂

12. Poet Laundry says:

What a cool way to celebrate the poets of the pub, Michael. Very nice! 🙂

13. Oh, I love this! It captures so well the diversity, challenge and beauty of such a great community! Nicely done!

14. kaykuala says:

Just shows how a good crowd is there for the sharing. One can never feel alone nor lonely at the pub! Cool piece MIchael!

Hank

15. Smiles–the keyboard is indeed both best friend and enemy at times! Nice painting of what it’s like here and I’m glad you are a part of it!