Haibun Haiku – The Goat’s Whinge

hai-two

What the hell are you looking at?

You think I like this?

I’m stuck. Bloody horns are locked on the wrong side of the fence.

So much for the grass being greener.

These horns may look impressive but they’re a pain.

Mum would say: Ralph when you’re a big goat they’ll be so impressive,

The nannys will flock around you.

Like in a pig’s arse .

They always getting in the way, you turn around too quick, look up and there’s someone impaled on the end of one.

My dad used to say size is important son.

And he was a size my dad but that was out on the plains, lots of space you know what I’m saying.

Here it’s the same old, day in day out,

Right now I bet you think I’m bored right

Bloody oath.

Though they are big pair of….. aren’t they.

look me in the eye

my face will mess with your head

majestic eyes

This entry was posted in Haibon haiku. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Haibun Haiku – The Goat’s Whinge

1. Anja says:

hahahaha enjoyed this and nicely done especially for a picture of a goat. 🙂

• summerstommy2 says:

I am waiting for someone to tell me what it actually is. I don’t actually think it is a goat, its more antelope sort of animal. But goat works better than antelope.
      Thank you for your comment glad it brightened your evening.

• Anja says:

Antelope? Hmmmm I may have to google that because in my mind that isn’t what they look like. Maybe that is something I should write….what am I and maybe someone can tell me the answer. 🙂

• summerstommy2 says:

hey thats a great idea, it has an identity crisis.

• Anja says:

Someone else may go with that idea…I want $ for the idea though. ha

2. Hmm my guess a billy goat if you google goat images – the horns are similar to others – did so like the Haiku 🙂

3. twoscamps says:

Very funny :^D Thanks for the new word “whinge”.

4. Penny L Howe says:

Hilarious. Whimsical and fun. The horns are really the main thing to notice and the shaggy coat! His venting does remind me of a few people I know.

5. julespaige says:

I like it when the animals speak. I hope he gets unstuck. Majestic all the way Sir!

6. nightlake says:

A goat’s irritation. even he has to conform to his peers. lol. fun read