Ligo Haibun Challenge Nature and Flowers

“Come forth into the light of things,

let nature be your teacher”  ~ William Wordsworth

13050338_s

My first time out of the city was to visit my uncle and aunt at Ransom Manor.

My eyes feasted on the greenery of the fields, the endless rows of hedge and the occasional glimpse of small animals that scurried into the bush as I approached.

Ransom Manor provided me with days of discovery, walking knee deep in fields of daisies, feeding poddy calves and helping with the milking.

My perception of the country as a harsh and unforgiving place changed with this visit.

It is indeed a beautiful place where nature thrives in all its glory.

perceptions change

lying in fields of splendor

thriving beautifully

This entry was posted in Haibon haiku. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Ligo Haibun Challenge Nature and Flowers

1. A delightful read, bringing nature to life.
    Fitting haiku.

2. Gabriella says:

I love discovering beautiful gardens and stately homes. And your haibun evokes just that b

• summerstommy2 says:

Thanks Gabriella. Do you know much about Wordsworth? I was so tempted to write about him and verbal diarrhoea but I resisted the temptation.

• Gabriella says:

Lol! I once had a friend who found he was misnamed!

• summerstommy2 says:

Wise friend. I read an essay by a teacher once who referred to WW as ‘verbal diarrhoea’. Anyone who takes a page or more and says nothing has an issue I think.

• Gabriella says:

My mother calls it logorrhoea! Do you think he would have been more efficient if he had taken part in writing challenges?

• summerstommy2 says:

Bearing in mind the different times he could only have benefited. having had to teach the stuff it is really very easy to deal with its just the boring nature of his work.
        Basically he liked nature. As simple as that. But he suffered that whole romantics notion of nature.

3. I can’t help but admit I’m smitten with Longfellow! A red leather bound old copy of his collected work sat on my father’s bookshelf and some of his stiff stuff was probably the first poems I memorized and recited for a middle school assignment. So, in a way, he was my first love. Even if his name is a pen name, or a mistake, you must admit it rolls off the tongue from beginning to end, with a delicious ‘wad’ in the middle. 💌

4. summerstommy2 says:

Hmmmm Angie there are some ‘academics’ world wide who would swoon at your feet reading of your love of WW. Having taught him several times I find it hard to be excited by a poet who took an awful long time to tell you he liked something he could see. But the romantics can’t get enough and good luck to them.

5. Pingback: Ligo Haibun Challenge – Quotes, Nature and Flowers | TheWhyAboutThis

6. I think the yammering reminds me of home. Midwesterners draw everything out, in a wealth of words.

7. Sunshine says:

walking knee deep in a field of daisies sounds wonderful…country living at its finest moment. ♥ love your words…

8. Pingback: Ligo Haibun and Into the Light of Things… | Simply Charming

9. nightlake says:

like it when you say, ‘days of discovery..’ Nature presents you with new things and you feel that you’ve not explored enough..a lovely haibun

10. Ye Pirate says:

This is the kind of haibun I really like. A personal experience, and change. Really appreciated this one.

11. Penny L Howe says:

The first time I read this, I fell in love with your descriptions. Rereading (because I wanted to) I enjoyed it all over again. Your haibun/haiku is outstanding! 🙂