Thursday photo prompt: Rift #writephoto – Dragon’s Head.

cracked

The earth had rumbled for several days, which wasn’t unusual in those days.

When everything settled down, and we had the chance to get out and survey the damage it was then the dragon was discovered.

There had been a rift in the rock formations on what was known as Dragon Mountain, and to our surprise, there was the fossilised head of the dragon revealed for the first time.

It had been legend that the mountain had contained dragons in past years, but we all thought it nothing more than a myth serving our local tourist industry.

But now the head was there, in plain sight and we began to reassess our history.

Immediately moves were made to preserve the area, and the tourist operators sought ways to profit from the revelation.

It was interesting though as time went by to note that if you stepped too close to the dragon’s head there came an ominous rumble from within the mountain.

Written for: https://scvincent.com/2019/03/21/thursday-photo-prompt-rift-writephoto/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Thursday photo prompt: Rift #writephoto – Dragon’s Head.

1. Nice….. think I’d keep my distance, I might get a nasty nip if the rock shifted again!

2. Sadje says:

I like the dragon head.

3. It does rather look like a dragon’s head. 🙂

4. crimsonprose says:

The extremes folks will go to in order to rejuvenate a flagging tourism industry. 🙂

5. Sue Vincent says:

Maybe we’d do better if the dragon woke 😉

6. rugby843 says:

I really like his one. Perfect for the photo.

I do believe I can see a foot with claws, too. 🙂

8. Pingback: Dragon’s Head ~ Michael #writephoto | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

9. Maybe there is more to come from the dragon within.

10. Well done on including the dragon’s head in this piece, Michael

11. willowdot21 says:

I saw a Dragon too Micheal 💜💜

12. Pingback: Photo prompt round-up: Rift #writephoto | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo