Three Things Challenge, 19 July 2018

3tc

Today’s things are: disco, boy, june bug

Today my teacher Miss Teresa was looking very hot and bothered. It was the middle of summer, and we were in class sweating away as we worked on our maths problems.

In the back of our minds was the disco planned for the coming evening. Miss Teresa had promised she would dance with anyone who asked her and I was keen to as I thought she was pretty alright. Then again most of the boys in the class thought the same.

Today though she was looking unhappy and when we asked her why she looked sad she said it was the June bugs. Her yard was full of them, and she hated having them buzzing around her when she went out to mow her lawn.

Then she went into a demonstration of how she reacted to them.

Her flailing arms gave is a lot to laugh about and one boy; Jasper Allcock nearly wet his pants he laughed so much.

Written for: https://thehauntedwordsmith.wordpress.com/2018/07/19/three-things-challenge-19-july-2018/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Three Things Challenge, 19 July 2018

1. The Haunted Wordsmith says:

I am really concerned for that class now considering their teacher is hot and bothered (um….)

I was never a primary school teacher but I imagine being stuck with a class on a hot day, as we often have down here in summer would leave you feeling that way.

• The Haunted Wordsmith says:

Um….it means two different things…one less used than the other…it *can* mean annoyed, angry, etc…but the more common usage is…um…being sexually aroused to the point where you go insane (can’t think of anything else)

Oh I see what you mean….I had plenty of ‘hot and bothered’ teachers in my day, but we saw it as over heated and cranky old women, there was never anything sexual about the teachers I had, either that or I was far to young to realise.

• The Haunted Wordsmith says:

lol…you’re story takes on a whole new meaning when all the boys want to dance with her…lmao. This is why I love reading stories from around the world…all the possibilities. 🙂

2. You were an English teacher, right? Maybe you can explain to me why there is an “s” at the ens of the word, “math.” Now that I think about it, the full word has an “s.” Mathematics. But I really do have a problem with the “s.” I taught “Math” for years, but not “maths.” It’s just one of those language things I don’t understand.

Well in Australia we call it maths. We have maths teachers teaching maths. I know you guys leave the s off but we hope one day you’ll see the light and spell it right. 😀