In Other Words, accidentally…

in-other-words1

Write a story or poem of 5 Lines or Less using the word accidentally

I accidentally dropped it.

Grandma’s prize vase lay in a thousand pieces on the floor.

Then the questions.

Hadn’t I been told to not touch it, to stay away, it was precious, what will Grandma say?

So much vitriol is it any wonder accidents happen.

Written for: https://patriciasplace.me/2018/03/21/in-other-words-accidentally/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to In Other Words, accidentally…

Maybe Grandma will be secretly pleased. Maybe she didn’t really like the vase. That’s what my grandma would have said if I’d broken something.

I inherited a house that was full of stuff my mother hoarded from my grandmother. One day my sister complained that she’d never been given a chance to go thru mum’s stuff. She had in fact had two previous goes, so I packed up everything and gave it to her, after all it was just stuff.

• Lyn says:

I remember when my Auntie died, there was so much I would have loved to have been able to keep, but I was only 13 and my mother gave it away to a family friend of my Aunt. All the photos – everything. I don’t have a single photo of my aunt, uncle or grandmother. I would love to have been able to keep Uncle Jim’s roll top desk with all its secret compartments.

My ol neighbour had one and I often wondered what happened to it. Sad isn’t when so much is lost.

• Lyn says:

It is indeed – especially photos.

2. Patricia says:

Accidents happen and grandmothers forgive. I knew someone who accidentally burned down his parents house when he was 10 or 11. The accident was forgiven. Nobody died and there was insurance. There were lots of questions and warnings though. Your story reminded me of this and now I am wondering about this family for the first time in many years. Thanks for linking.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )