FLASH FICTION FOR THE PURPOSEFUL PRACTITIONER- 2018 WEEK #11 – The Kitten

kitten

Image: MorgueFile 1449286229de9o8

My friend from down the street often says she’d rather be a cat. The kitten appeared at my front door one morning and made as if it knew me and wanted to come in.

Its big eyes, pleading with me for entry and her soft purr when I picked her up were all selling points I’m sure she had inherited from her mother.

The same day the cat lady passed away and I couldn’t help but think there was some divine conspiracy at play.

I’d never been a cat person, to me they were predators, killers of the native birds.

But this little one won me over, its sheer charm turning my heart to mush.

Written for: https://flashfictionforthepracticalpractitioner.wordpress.com/2018/03/14/flash-fiction-for-the-purposeful-practitioner-2018-week-11/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to FLASH FICTION FOR THE PURPOSEFUL PRACTITIONER- 2018 WEEK #11 – The Kitten

1. rogershipp says:

One never knows… the coincidences of life? Well done!

2. rogershipp says:

Hope to see you again next week!

3. Some cats have an uncanny ability to offer their affection.

4. James says:

Reincarnated as a cat. I guess pooping in a box of sand isn’t beneath her.

5. Mara Eastern says:

Aww, this is such a sweet story! I totally see myself in it. You know what, I didn’t use to like cats, and look at me now. Crazy cat lady. It’s funny that moments before you published this, I published my own post saying I’d rather be a cat…

6. Nicole says:

Tender post, Michael. Sweet sentiments.

7. calmkate says:

sweet and often people obsessed with a pet are reborn as one 🙂

I’m a dog person myself, but I’d take that little kitty on in a flash 🙂

9. I’m betting on the reincarnation. 🙂

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w