Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers – An Evening Alone

photo-20180305154610240

Image: © Goroyboy

He’d left a note as always, scratched crudely telling me he’d be back by midnight.

Thinking we had the evening to ourselves we got down to it.

Jason was the best lover, careful, considerate and very aware of my responses to him.

I knew he liked the wooing process and I was more than happy lapping it up in more ways than one.

At around ten o’clock we heard the screen door rattle and the familiar voice announcing he was home. We panicked, grabbing clothes left and right, mixing up his for mine and mine for his.

When he entered, it was obvious from our dishevelled appearance that we had been active in ways I know he didn’t want to think about.

He looked at us, grumbled something incoherent and said he was going to bed.

As he disappeared into his room, we breathed a sigh of relief. But then came his voice, “I never liked you, Jason, leave my wife alone.”

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2018/03/05/fffaw-challenge-week-of-march-6-2018/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers – An Evening Alone

1. Varad says:

Ah! Nicely done. The poor cuckolded guy should have stuck to his schedule.

2. Iain Kelly says:

I wonder if he will do something more about it once he’s had a good sleep?

3. James says:

I expected him to come back out of the bedroom with a gun.

That’s the difference James, we don’t have guns laying about and I wouldn’t give him one anyway. Maybe a packed suitcase the next morning?

• James says:

Plenty of distraught husbands strike out with anything at hand, knives, baseball bats and such. If nothing else, he should send her packing and get a good lawyer.

4. Like James idea Michael. Either that or maybe he had been seeing Jason’s wife………..

5. Oh no! They got caught in the act! I’m surprised the husband wasn’t angrier than he was. Great story, Michael!

6. Time for Jason to make a swift exit! Things could be very different in the morning.

Click to read my FFfAW!

7. goroyboy says:

Perhaps he came early from being jilted by his lover. This really pulled me in as a reader.

8. Well then! The cat has been let out of the bag. I wasn’t expecting that ending.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )