Thursday photo prompt – Crow #writephoto

crow

Timothy Crow looked down upon the murder gathered before him. Since being elected leader of the murder he had taken the job on in as serious a manner as he could. And Timothy was very good at being serious.

Around him was the all too familiar “farckk, farckk” of the assembled crows.

He called them to order in his now perfected imperious farckk.

“There is a serious matter to be discussed,” he announced, looking down his beak at them all. “Jonathon Crow, the leader of our most accomplished “Farckking Choir has been murdered.”

The effect was immediate among the murder below him but it wasn’t what he was expecting. Where he was planning on a display of indignation, shock and horror, he witnessed mirth in the only way crows know how.

There came to his ears the collective ‘farckking’ of three hundred crows all shouting over the top of each other as they rolled on the ground.

Timothy was not impressed and called on them to stop farckking.

When silence was resumed he quickly reminded them that there was an obligation on each crow to discover who it was that murdered Jonathon Crow.

Was it the farmer, the butcher, the baker or one of their own?

There was one-thing crows were good at and that was organising committees. They had a committee for everything. Now they’d have one to investigate Jonathon’s murder.

A show of wings was called for and a committee selected which was universally farckked by all.

Timothy gave a parting farckk as he took his leave and the committee gathered to consider their strategy.

Written for: https://scvincent.com/2018/01/11/thursday-photo-prompt-crow-writephoto/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Thursday photo prompt – Crow #writephoto

1. Elizabeth says:

Great story! Silly is good!

2. Farckk? I haven’t heard that before and I’m curious. Is that a made up word, or is that common onimatopeia for crow sounds in Australia?

3. Iain Kelly says:

That was a farckking good laugh Michael 🙂

4. Oh farckk! What a crazy story! Loved it to bits.

5. Kat says:

Thanks for the early morning smile, Michael! I have never heard the word farckk before but I love it! 🙂

Isn’t it good to learn a new word Kat, even if its one I made up, spelling wise at any rate.

• Kat says:

It’s a great word and I would put it to use if I wasn’t afraid of my 3 year old grandson repeating it and farckking it up! 🙂

Yes i understand Kat, many years ago when I started blogging I wrote a few risque pieces never thinking there was any issue until a fellow blogger asked me to remove them as her grandson was reading them….we live and learn don’t we…

• Kat says:

I think risque is fine as long as it is labeled as so. There’s a line there….. (Just my opinion!) 🙂 The mom in me has to immediately question how old was the grandson and if he was too young to be reading risque pieces, why was he? I feel that it’s my role as mother and grandmother to be mindful of what impressionable kids are reading. Maybe that’s me being judgy and preachy and goodness knows my kids read and saw things they shouldn’t have- it’s nearly impossible to lock that down but I would never ask someone to censor their work.

Okay, I’m done- I still love the word and enjoy your writing! 🙂

Thank you Kat, I liken it to a phase I went through when after the oppression of my marriage years I wonted to find out if I could still function as a man and so I did it through writing my fantasies at the time. Eventually I got over it all, but it was a fun exercise to say the least.

6. A murder of crows investigating the murder of a crow. Love it Michael.

7. Fun farckking onomatopoeia. Farckking ay.

8. Haha, Michael, jolly good idea.

9. Pingback: Crow – Michael #writephoto | Sue Vincent's Daily Echo

10. I will have Farck in my mind every time I hear a crow from now on, fits just fine.

11. Hilarious! I want more. Did the committee ever discover who murdered Jonathan Crow?

Hmmm, I could just say farckked if I know but that might be deemed a bit rude, I’m sure they got to the bottom of it. Thanks so much Lynda for stopping by my blog.

12. willowdot21 says:

Caw! Caw! That was a farcrkking good story!💜

13. Love this story – its so funny, and like a parable. Love the term ‘farckked’ ! And that crows like forming committees – perfect.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )