FFfAW Challenge-Week of January 9, 2018 – A Twisted Mind

photo-20180108154705053

Image: © Fandango

When we found him sitting on the kerb, drool dripping from his lip he was strangely coherent.

“It’s my brain,” he said, in his rich English accent. “It’s all scrambled, twisted in on itself and I can’t seem to do a thing about it. I think one thing and the opposite sits up beside it arguing it’s what I should be thinking. I’ve given up. It’s easier to let them fight it out and for me to sit there and worry.”

At the refuge, we bathed him, gave him clean clothes, a meal and a bed. He fell asleep within seconds but an hour later was awake claiming he’d been kidnapped and shanghaied onto an Antarctic whaling boat. From his mouth came a fierce debate as to where he was.

After a little time, he fell back asleep as we made arrangements for him and his twisted mind to get the help he needed.

Written for: https://flashfictionforaspiringwriters.wordpress.com/2018/01/08/fffaw-challenge-week-of-january-9-2018/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to FFfAW Challenge-Week of January 9, 2018 – A Twisted Mind

1. James says:

Not sure what could help that kind of twisted.

2. Lynn Love says:

Shoes the world of mental illness is tortured for the sufferer most of all. Nice writing

3. Your man is one of the lucky ones that is going to get help. So many homeless (and in jail ) are lost outside the system yet desperately need help. Good story Michael.

4. Iain Kelly says:

A lot of untangling work lies ahead for someone…

5. How truly sad it would be to have two personalities arguing with themselves inside our minds. Great story, Michael!

6. michael1148humphris says:

I hope that the scientists of the world, find ways of improving the treatment, or even a cure for devastating illnesses like this one

7. The Chad says:

Pretty chilling Michael, nice job.

8. rogershipp says:

“It’s easier to let them fight it out and for me to sit there and worry.”” There are days I can relate! Loved it!

9. But what if he was speaking the truth? Very nicely written.

10. Such a caring tone in your story, Michael. Reminded me a little of the Good Samaritan. Nicely shown emotion, spread evenly throughout your prose.

11. A touching and affirmative story. The story teller comes over as accepting and empathic of the Man, wherever he came from.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w