In Other Words, turkey…

in-other-words1

The gobble within the turkey yard was loud and urgent.

There were rumours and amongst the turkey’s rumours spread and gained credence by the hour.

Each bird knew the feeling of eyes on the back of its neck.

They took extra-ordinary measures to look inconspicuous.

Pretending not to see the farmer and the glint from his axe they gobbled as if there was no tomorrow.

Written for: https://patriciasplace.me/2017/11/15/in-other-words-turkey/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writing prompt and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to In Other Words, turkey…

1. Do you have anything similar to the American holiday, Thanksgiving?

2. Fandango says:

What did the turkey say to the president of the United States right before Thanksgiving? “Pardon me.”

Let me know, since you’re not from the US, if you need an explanation.

Yes please explain 😀

• Fandango says:

Each year, right before Thanksgiving, the US president pardons a turkey…sometimes two… and sets them free to roam on the farm. Most other turkeys end up on the Thanksgiving table, since turkey is the traditional Thanksgiving Day meal in the US.

Ok….Turkey is cooked here at Christmas if you are stupid enough to cook anything when the temp could be over 100F on Christmas day, but people do it….this year like many years we are having a cold Christmas lunch and dinner….but I know you folk love Thanksgiving so I hope its a good one for you.

• Fandango says:

Thanks. I’m sure it will be.

3. -Eugenia says: